Shove vs TTs postflop

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, here is a hand I played earlier today.

The hand took place in .2c/.5c holdem.

I have seen several hands bow from the villain, and it feels pretty fishy, limped with weaker hands, raised with bigger hands. The action is limping, raising on the flop 100% of the time and sometimes folding on the turn sometimes keep barreling.

In the previous hand I had 3-bet him with my AQ and he folded, now I am on the button, villain is in the cutoff and the action folds to him. He limps and I 3-bet to 4 BBs. The action folds around to him and he makes the call. At this point I think that he has very wide range.

The flop comes 789 rainbow

He bets approx. 2/3 of the pot.

I raise with my overpair, even though it is a wet flop, I am in the lead most of the time, only hands that can have me crushed here, which he could have potentially, are maybe JT offsuit, J6 offsuit or suited even, maybe some kind of ace rags, but I think he would have raised with big part of Ax combinations too. So in the best scenario he hit one pair and is not willing to give up his equity. We also have an open ender.

What do you think about the raise???

He calls and we head to the turn.

It is blanco, do nit really remember but something like deuce.

He shoves on us and we have to tank.

What would you do in this situation with this information?
Thanks

Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why posting hands with .2c/.5c blinds and not convert them into 1/2 for us to make some sense what you're dealing with? The 1/2 game is universal and we don't have to deal with decimals. The big blind is 2x the small one without the stupid decimals for playing fraction of dollars. Or make it 2/5 to be easy on your brain, so you eliminate the (.) and the (c). You do this before going any further in your poker career?

You know, .. when you play .2c/.5c poker no one will take you seriously. That game is a kids video game and I bet you are not even 16y. ..., So, why not get a life before getting into gambling ...

Last edited:
M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why posting hands with .2c/.5c blinds and not convert them into 1/2 or better 2/5 for us to make some sense what you're dealing with?

You know, .. when you play .2c/.5c poker no one will take you seriously. That game is a kids video game and I bet you are not even 16y. ..., So, why not get a life before getting into gambling ...
Well I admit that I am not that good of a player yet but if you understand bankroll management, you should have at least 250$ to even step into these games so it is definitely no play money.

Another thing, which part didn't you understand on this post? I did not even use actual bet sizes in this post, it was just a piece of info for you.

I think I understand more about poker than you if you did not even notice that. And really, I think I asked a relevant question about this difficult situation, so what the heck is your point.

Give me advice or leave this thread, thanks.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your line is fine. Personally I’m calling here when he shoves. No matter what he has we are live to a straight if he has us beat . If he happens to have us beat with 89 or something we can come back with many outs. If he’s lucky and has the JT then that’s just unlucky and we are hoping to chop. The villains’ image is leading me to a call.

J

JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one. The donk lead and then jam at these limits look super nutted to me but we do have outs so probably a call depending on stack sizes??

I think we are always behind here but without stack sizes its hard to know if we are committed to the call

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one. The donk lead and then jam at these limits look super nutted to me but we do have outs so probably a call depending on stack sizes??

I think we are always behind here but without stack sizes its hard to know if we are committed to the call
We get approx. 1:2 to call the shove.