Should I be jamming turn here?

P

Pro9ect

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry first time posting, put this in the wrong section, could admin move it , ta :)
Hi guys, I meant jamming turn, not river. would love a little advice here regarding my play, thank you :)

BTN: 126.5 BB (VPIP: 18.28, PFR: 11.83, 3Bet Preflop: 2.78, hands: 297)
Hero (SB): 125.5 BB
BB: 108.5 BB (VPIP: 18.36, PFR: 14.82, 3Bet Preflop: 5.61, Hands: 574)
UTG: 178.5 BB (VPIP: 44.83, PFR: 3.45, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 30)
MP: 99.5 BB (VPIP: 31.91, PFR: 20.21, 3Bet Preflop: 3.33, Hands: 99)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 11.11, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 27)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q A

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, UTG calls 8 BB, fold

Flop: (21.5 BB, 2 players) J 7 T
Hero bets 10.5 BB, UTG calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (42.5 BB, 2 players) Q
Hero bets 21.5 BB, UTG calls 21.5 BB

River: (85.5 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, UTG bets 136 BB, fold

UTG wins 82.5 BB

Last edited:
mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play depending on the opponent. There are too few statistics on the opponent (UTG 30 hands) to draw conclusions about him. If we assume that this is a qualified player or fish, I would bet on the turn. Against an unknown player or agro-maniac, I would play a check-call to catch a bluff on a blank card on the river.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you opponent is someone that is capable of having something to beat your hand, it's a fold. If your opponent is someone that can be pushed off a hand, then make the bet. You want to give the image of a strong player so that when you're put in this situation, your semi-bluff can get through without a worry.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold on that board villain can have KQ KJ KT,and possibly AK as well. The turns pretty awkward but i think you have to bet a bit larger than 1/2p here on the turn and possibly even on the flop.The flop could also play as a check call.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be 100% honest here. It seems like you didnt respect his position. The flop would have been a perfect place to check raise and test the waters on your opponents hand strength and whether or not hes chasing the straight or flush.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have dropped the same hand. Everything was closed on the river. And there may already be a flash that has closed on the turn.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd need more information on the villain, but here's my take without any additional details. On the CO with 6 players, the villain is probably opening fairly wide. This includes lots of hands like KJ,QJ,KT,AT. That flop is pretty scary. It hits his range pretty well, especially for draws. I think a c-bet at this point is debatable. You have 2 over cards, but hitting the Q makes the board even scarier for you since it hits his range even harder (especially Qc). So, you're basically hoping for a non club A at this point. I'd probably go into check/fold mode. However, given that you bet the flop , I think your turn bet was fine. You could have jammed and hoped that he was still drawing, but I think there's a good chance he already had a strong hand or hand a very strong draw. Then, you'd be in bad shape. Given that you decided to c-bet and double barrel, I think your fold on the river was correct. There were just way too many hands in his range that would beat you.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No you were lousing at the moment that Q land in the turn,so you yould check turn, because he could have completed the strait with that Q,the 9 in the river is even worse for you,so no, i wouldnt hammered the turn, i would have make the cbet in the flop as you and disconnected my hand in the turn

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going into check/fold mode on the turn. There are a couple sets, 1 straight, and a couple 1 pair with monster draw hands that are probably going to call. Definitely a very awkward spot. Calling 1st and then calling a 3bet for 9 BB with the CO and his initial raise yet to act strikes me as unusual and possibly very strong. The CO has an uncapped range and UTG should know this...I can't see UTG making the call with KJ off or a similar hand.