Short Deck Poker ?

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deck is shortened by removing all card 2 through 5. Short Deck Poker is therefore played only with cards from 6 to A. That’s why the game is sometimes also referred to as Six-plus Hold’em.

Any input from anyone already playing ? Thank You

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was some big games of short deck poker streamed on twitch on the Triton channel. It looks fun, but it's a completely different game than NLHE in term of strategy.

Also, if you don't know, A6789 makes a straight (the ace acts like a 5 in this case, similar to how the ace acts like a 1 in NLHE), and flushes are better than full houses as it is easier to get a full house in short deck poker.

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks a bit like plo with the draw heavy part of it but never played it so i could be wrong

Last edited:
B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems fun it looks like there would be a lot more action than in regular poker

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played it once at home games. More action, more variance, a lot of fun.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I've seen on Twitch/TritonPoker it's a game originating from the Asian scene with a lot of action, big hands and high variance. Looks fun to play!

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deck is shortened by removing all card 2 through 5. Short Deck Poker is therefore played only with cards from 6 to A. That’s why the game is sometimes also referred to as Six-plus Hold’em.

ya i love it much more interesting but watch it i have gotten 3 royals since playing:D

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the explanation. I played in a tournament and had no idea what was going on.

S

SkorpiosMC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 've played some shortdeck poker in ipoker.
It's a nice variation of the traditional NLHE where almost everyone can have a strong or trappy hand.
I almost focus on a fish that comes in these tables.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Read the rules in detail and then try it.

Good luck !

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relearning the Hand Rankings is key!! lol.
The rhythm is a little bit different too, because most people are relearning
how to play holdem, or working through a new variation that appears really similar.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
came to realize Suited hands are King.... JJ, JTs, J9s are actually better then AKo, and AQo, and AA, KK, QQ are not even 4Bet hands against most players that know what they are doing.