Series of Strategy Articles on the Way, But Which Order?????

Which Order Then????

• Holdem, Omaha H/L, Razz, Stud, 8 or better

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • 8 or better, Stud, Razz, Omaha H/L, Holdem

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Holdem, Razz, 8 or better, Omaha H/L, Stud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Razz, Omaha H/L, Stud, 8 or better, Holdem

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Omaha H/L, Stud, 8 or better, Holdem, Razz

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Stud, Razz, Omaha H/L, Holdem, 8 or better

• 8 or better, Holdem, Omaha H/L, Razz, Stud

• Any of the Above

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other Order (Please Post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care, Won't Read Them Anyway

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ciao people,

About 2 weeks ago I wrote this,

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/first-attempt-strategy-article-horse-105229/

Much to my surprise, this article proved to be a great success, but a few people were unable to use it to their potential as they were unsure about how to play each game individually.

Due to this, I will be writing 5 articles on each of the individual games in HORSE which will be more specific than the breif overveiws I gave in the above article.

I will be writing one a week as they take a bit of time and effort to write. Therefore, in the above poll, can you each vote for which order you would like them to be written in, this allows the games people want advice on to be posted first.

Make sure you vote for 2 reasons

1. So that you dont have to wait 5 weeks for advise on the game you struggle at most
2. So my poll doesnt look lame with no voters :D

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted for #1. I like the idea of doing the games in the order they are played. Good luck with the articles, you've got a good start so far with the overview. :)

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same for me as JD, the order they are played seems to make the most sense.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted for the stud games first, as those are the toughest IMO. Omaha is also tough but there are strategy articles out there. Whenever I play stud (H/L or otherwise) I just fold almost every single hand. One exception was the one I was dealt JJJ, but even that wouldn't have held up unless I hit the 4th J on 7th street :). Either way, it'd be great if you could write an article for them. Although I think I'm decent at razz, my other 4 games could use massive improvement and I'm sure the articles would help. Thanks a lot for doing that, look forward to reading them in whatever order you write them.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ I will be writing an article for them all, i am just planning one a week, i may do more if i can find some spare time hanging around.

Also interesting question, this poll at the time of writing this has 10 votes BUT according to the Strategy menu, only 5 people have viewed the thread, how does that work?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also interesting question, this poll at the time of writing this has 10 votes BUT according to the Strategy menu, only 5 people have viewed the thread, how does that work?
Oh wow, that is odd. Software glitch maybe?

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The viewing number always takes time to catch up in my experience.

Either that or it's mod rigged already...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ I agree jt, it does seem suspicious that JD was first mod to see this and his choice is conveniently winning the poll :)

Riggage muchos???...

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, yeah, yeah...talk to the hammer, huh. Besides, I see the views have caught up some now. :p

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALRIGHT WHO WAS IT WHO VOTED DONT CARE!!!!!!! OWN UP!!!!!!!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ :rofl::rofl::p

I swear to all gods from every religion that I will hunt the culprit down and gut them like a fish

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doing them in the order they're played makes sense to me too.

For me Stud8 is the game that needs the most work, but I don't mind waiting for the sake of continuity.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^ :rofl::rofl::p

I swear to all gods from every religion that I will hunt the culprit down and gut them like a fish

My goodness, so much anger for an option that you created when you made the poll. I like the spirit, I am just glad that it isn't pointed at me (yet). :D

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ created with the intention of noone voting for that section so my work looks better :D. Is there a way to know who voted for what?

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a hi lo game where the pot gets divided so that half of it goes to the the best hand and half goes to the worst hand (lowest 5 unpaired cards). It's called 8 or better because to qualify for the low hand the 5 unpaired cards have to all be 8 or lower (including the ace).

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 or better is just a name for Stud H/L from what I understand.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 or better more often refers to O8 than Stud-8 ime, but thoroughly ambiguous really. Game type prefix needed.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"8 or better" can be used with either Omaha H/L or Stud H/L. The point being that the "8 or better" is to qualify for the low. Try a google search for "stud 8 better" and you'll find plenty of examples. I won't bother posting a whole bunch of external links here simply to prove the point; y'all are capable of using Google.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe "Stud-8" is the acceptable terminology.

I'm sure you're right, but in the term HORSE the game has to start with an E. That's why I thought Switch called it 8 or better.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your writing about HORSE, you have to address the games in the correct order. Not ESOHR, or HOSER, or HROSE or SHORE............

You will get folks who will be playing a game while reading your srticles, unless your intent is to confuse the hell out of them, do them in the correct order.

imo:confused:

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"8 or better" can be used with either Omaha H/L or Stud H/L. The point being that the "8 or better" is to qualify for the low. Try a google search for "stud 8 better" and you'll find plenty of examples. I won't bother posting a whole bunch of external links here simply to prove the point; y'all are capable of using Google.

No duh it's a high/low qualifier game.
But:
8 or better more often refers to O8 than Stud-8 ime, but thoroughly ambiguous really. Game type prefix needed.

I'm sure you're right, but in the term HORSE the game has to start with an E. That's why I thought Switch called it 8 or better.

Ah ha!

Really I'm just trying to give the op a hard time, as I don't care at all. Limit games, lol.