Risk management

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I look to cash game ,Just thinking , i could lost here 10 , but i Just leave the table with 20 ...like , look to risk management 2x1 or the game it is more complicated than that ?

M

magnus369

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think risk management is not just about the local loss, it's about bankroll management, so an improved approximation of what you would be saying would be to put a maximum value for the buy-in, either the cash game or tournaments, whatever, stipulate a risk based on a win rate, like for example you have 5bb/100 win rate in cash games, I think it's very appropriate to use a smooth bankroll management like 30 to 50 buy ins, now you are a winner but you only have 2.5 bb/100 win rate I think you should stipulate 70 buy ins of the level, this in other words would be betting 1/30 at the tables or 1/50 or 1/70, depending on the amount of buy- ins, now I will talk about the stop loss and stop win, to finish the thought with yours, now that we have decreed how much of the bankroll we will use, let it be 1% to 5% of our bankroll per buy in, I stipulate that it would be a good margin of winning 60 to 70% of the value that entered the tables, and a good stop 2 buy ins.

It would be like if you have 50 buy-ins of NL10 for example and you only play one table, however when you get $6 or more on the table you take your chips and raise, and when you lose 2 buy-ins you also sit out from table and take a pause, not only to avoid tilt, but also to study, be aware that it is much better to make small sessions profitable, than to bleed chips all night with no expectation of recovering them in the short term.

GL in life and felts.

Last edited:
dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker requires risk management. Being afraid of a downswing every time you don't have the nuts is self-torture, not risk management. Do not be afraid to make a bold move, analyze your game, both on your own and with a coach, to understand with what combinations your winnings are minimized, and when the probability of winning is almost 100%. You need to understand right away that poker is a marathon, in which many players run. Top regulars, of course, run faster, but you have to reach out to them and run alongside (talk in them, train with them), only then you have the opportunity to get such a treasured prize in this marathon and call yourself a professional player with confidence and pride.