Riding That Wave

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So when you are just super hot and every hand is winning in a cash game, do you open your game and accept the windfall? I believe when you loosen up when the luck wave washes over you, trash often turns to treasure. Thoughts?:hmpf:

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So when you are just super hot and every hand is winning in a cash game, do you open your game and accept the windfall? I believe when you loosen up when the luck wave washes over you, trash often turns to treasure. Thoughts?:hmpf:

I hear what you're saying but, for me I don't deviate from my strategy. I have my ranges that I adjust accordingly and running "hot" isn't one of the reasons I change my range.

jashiggs

jashiggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it depends on who is at the table with you really. Opening up more just because you are winning does not make sense. However if you believe you have a number of recreational players at your table that will call down light / not bluff enough IP etc then yes i would certainly be looking to open up further and exploit the weaknesses of these players. Like Memphis has stated, look for a 'reason' to open your range not doing it just because you are running hot.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a mistake, but I definitely open up so long as they allow it to be affordable. I mean They as in other players who just keep letting me eat blinds or call/fold at flop. Once someone puffs their chest I usually switch back to normal, but can usually get a few hands in before that happens.