Red Line Trends

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently did a big leak busting session. I'm now losing less money from Non-showdown pots. So the red line has turned upwards. But at the same time, the Green and Blue lines have turned downwards.

Are the red and blue lines inversely proportional? Is there some kind of sweet spot where they can both be rising together? I see a lot of pros with impressively positive green and blue lines. But many also seem to show nose diving redlines. What is your experience?

R

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, they aren't inversely proportional. You can have green line and red line turned upwards. If you play microstakes you should be mostly focused on green line. On micro people don't fold too much, there are many calling stations so bluffing there is mostly unprofitable and not effective. If your green line turned downards and red upwards it probably means that you started to bluff a lot and maybe people also started to call you more often, or maybe you don't value bet enough. Are your results better than before or just you started to earn a little less?

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Thanks very much for getting back to me. Here's my graph for the last 35,000 hands.

So after I leak busted the Red Line issues, this started happening. I began folding more on the flop instead of continuing too often with whiffed middle pairs and suited connectors. This was to get the non-showdown lost pots down etc. (I started to bluff less to decrease some variance). The red line began to start rising but at the same time, the green and blues started coming down. It could just be a coincidence... the normal downswings etc. I just wanted to ask as it's an interesting topic. bb/100 is still positive. Have since turned back upwards again. My climb through the micros is going well. I just want to gain a better understanding of how these 3 lines interact.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't understand your reply Marcao.

UPDATE: Variance looks to have shifted the other way this evening. And all 3 lines (Red, Blue, Green) appear to be headed upwards. Thanks Misaki for the feedback.

R

Last edited: