Rebuys, why do you dislike them?

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love re-buys. I tend to play them different than most here. I usually dont re-buy. If you do, you are buying in at a disadvantage.

Good to see nothing has changed. Still stupid. :rolleyes:

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not everything is the same, I grew a beard

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is one of the best discussions I`ve seen in a long time, guys. It`s clear that there are two opposing views here, the chancers and the tightwads, and both are well argued.

Personally, I haven`t played a rebuy in some time. I got p***ed off with them because of a time I played in one and the same donk kept coming back until he finally got lucky and beat me, and then he dissed me through the chatbox. It made me so angry I vowed never to play a rebuy again.

Having read this thread, I`m tempted to try again, if only to try the two different approaches you guys have described, and see which works best for me.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't love or hate re-buys, I look at them as if they were a SNG, tight early on with an advantage, if I lose my chips to a bad beat, I can just re-buy'
I like to sit back and watch those who go allin almost every hand, they gain a large chip stack and after the re-buy period is over I can pick off them, as most of those players are not very good.
If you let yourself go on tilt during the first hour of a re-buy you won't play your best, just keep your patience, and sometimes it's a good Idea to gain a decent chip stack with-in the first half hour, say you start with 1500 in chips and 1/2 hour later you have 8-10k in chips(which is not hard in a re-buy), its time to sit out until the re-buy period is over. The blinds are not that large, so no worries about losing alot to the blinds, then you add-on and now you ready to play some poker.
If I'm wrong and there's a flaw in my reasoning , let me know.

PocketMG

PocketMG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok guys my turn....

Im pretty much sitting on the fence with this one...im not going to blurt out all the bad beats i suffer in rebuys..but who doesnt cop a bad beat in a non rebuy event?? only this time u have the chance to rebuy. My aces have been cracked several times when ive been 80% of winning and higher some times...In rebuy as well as normal tourneys.

In rebuying events only because the players on the tables are going all in every hand doesnt mean they are donkeys....on the contrary, DN is a very good example of this.

I play a regular live rebuy event on saturday mornings. $50 to enter $50 to rebuy. i take $300 to this event and im prepared to spend it ( but would prefer not to ) On several occasions ive had very good players at my table playing like donkeys. What i have learnt from there play is that, they like to chip the table up so after the rebuy period they can play there premium poker.

I play every saturday and my game play is always the same...play slightly loose..not like a donkey but a lil more loose then i would normally play. I have won several of these tournaments and placed top 5 on a regular basis and so do a few other players.

I have made a considerable profit playing these tournaments...but i do have my ups and downs..ive gone and lost all $300 in 9 hands but other times i havent had to rebuy.

So all in all i like them and i hate them

cheeeers