BarbaraEmelly

BarbaraEmelly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I currently play cash games on PS
But I'm losing a lot of money, do you think it's better cash to raise $$ or sit & go

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its best to play, what you enjoy most. Have you considered taking the free CC 30 day course to improve your game?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are losing at the cash games I would go down to the lowest limit and also make sure to play the freerolls to help boost your bankroll

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't raise when you're losing money, in higher stakes are even better players and you will lose more. SnG sounds like a plan, but most important is to analyse your game and improve

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I'm losing a lot of money, do you think it's better cash to raise $$ or sit & go
You need to play all forms of poker and choose what you like and what brings you profit. No one else will decide this except you.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a rule of thumb for myself I play the limit if my BR allows a minimum of 30 buy ins, so if I’m playing for example 100NL my BR would have to be a minimum of $3000. If you’re losing money you need more practice and study otherwise you’ll blow through your BR or worse (in regards to going up in limits). It may be worth while to play 2/5NL to better your game and get comfortable before increasing your stakes.

Edit to add: This is in regards to cash tables specifically, though I think for tourneys your BR should cover 30-50 buy ins, I mainly play cash so someone more experienced in tourneys may provide better insight.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
better play more expensive tournaments, for example, bounty on Saturdays, you can raise it well!

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes the course it is free, I like a lot the Sit&Go tables So I would recomend them, in my case it is a lot easier to learn win at SNGs first and then go testing the micro limits at the cash table, at the microlimits it is kind of easy to win with discipline and volume, going up stakes studying and with discipline it is the best way to win and have fun on the way... I will sign u for the course as well :D

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes the course it is free, I like a lot the Sit&Go tables So I would recomend them, in my case it is a lot easier to learn win at SNGs first and then go testing the micro limits at the cash table, at the microlimits it is kind of easy to win with discipline and volume, going up stakes studying and with discipline it is the best way to win and have fun on the way... I will sign u for the course as well :D
Can you recommend the best poker room for microlimit cash games. That there were many inexperienced and bad players

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should start playing tournaments so you'll lose very little and win a big chance for more money

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need practice, but
1. if you lose money in cash games, it's obvious that you need to do something about it, you need to watch video courses, there is a 30-day training course here on CC) read a book
2. try other types of poker-tournaments or sit-go, for some reason it seems to me your the main problem is poor knowledge of the theory

https://www.cardschat.com/poker/strategy/become-a-winning-poker-player/ 30 day training course

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it's better to start with freerolls. First, try to build up your bankroll with the help of freerolls and then you can think about the tournaments that will suit you better based on the size of your bankroll.
Good luck.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regardless of what you're looking for in the future, I would recommend you to play a good amount of games, because earning money is a consequence of good games. For example, many times your game beats NL25 but doesn't beat NL50... if you want to play cash games, I think the big tip I can give you is to make a good table selection, in the beginning avoid zoom games, and look for tables with more recreational than regular...

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello friend! What limit do you play? It's different stories if you play NL10 or NL100 and what is your purpose in general? If you want to build your Bank from 0, then cash games are not the best choice for sure from my expierence. I can suggest you to start playing freerolls, there are a lot of them every day (like 5-10, but you need mutiple rooms) and try to win there and get to the ITM more and more often. This will improve your game. Also as watching the free course here on cardschat and learning preflop charts. Also you need to understand what discipline you like more - cash or mtt, because they are way different from each other really! Anyway good luck!

Can you recommend the best poker room for microlimit cash games. That there were many inexperienced and bad players
On microlimits (to NL25 probably) there bad and inexperienced players on every room, because if they could play better, the would play higher limits :) So no matter what room to choose for micro cash games. Also I can't recommend you to play NL2-5 and start from NL10 if you know something about the game! Like preflop charts, what is 3bet etc. That would be much more profitable in terms of rake and also people are starting to play more accuratly, safe and correct (like don't calling any two cards for 3bet, or going all-in with 22 from preflop etc). You can easily play on PS, 888, GGPoker, AmericasCardroom and players will not be different.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thanks for your great tips.)) I will definitely use your tips and improve my poker game.

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general it is easier to begin with cashgames, because you have not to learn what is ICM and how to play with different stacksizes. In cashgame 6max you have a higher variance as on 9max or 10max tables.

First of all you should learn about the BSS => Big Stack Strategy (100bb) and activate a autotopup to 100bb on the site you are playing. Then you should learn the preflopranges (which hands to open from which positions). You can check GTOWizard for GTO preflop ranges for free.
Review hands you were unsure how to play. Post these hand into forum and discuss it, what was the best way play. Start from the micros => NL2. Follow a 50 Buyin bankrollmanagement.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's probably easier to raise your bankroll playing cash games, but if you are saying that you're losing money, maybe the best thing right now is decrease your stakes limits until your regain your confindence.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have already been recommended it in your other topic and given a link.
👇👇👇
Thread 'Poker courses for beginners?' https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/poker-courses-beginners-514239/
Please read the answers if you are asking questions!🙏🌺🌺🌺
About the course, I'm Brazilian, native speaker Portuguese, is it possible to translate the course? I stopped at the second page because of the translation difficulty, she is also Brazilian, will she have the same difficulty?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
About the course, I'm Brazilian, native speaker Portuguese, is it possible to translate the course? I stopped at the second page because of the translation difficulty, she is also Brazilian, will she have the same difficulty?
All videos are published on YouTube,
👉on the Cardschat channel.👈
Try turning on subtitles.
There is also a printed course (book) attached, which can be translated with the help of an interpreter.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I advise you to play only multi-table freeroll games (Mtts), seek to grow within the Cardschat chat through participation, this will increase the amount of freeroll games you will be able to participate in the week and will place you in Silver and Platinum tournaments where you will learn from the better opponents, and improving your game instead of spending money depositing you will start earning money, simply playing freeroll and raising your game level and also your bankroll will be able to increase and you will be able to choose good tournaments to play.

I wish you success on the way, welcome!

All videos are published on YouTube,
👉on the Cardschat channel.👈
Try turning on subtitles.
There is also a printed course (book) attached, which can be translated with the help of an interpreter.
Thanks for showing the way, I already subscribed to the YouTube channel, let's study .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for your great tips.)) I will definitely use your tips and improve my poker game.

THere's actually a big difference between the different poker sites. (I see the poster above says in the micro limits they are all the same... but they are not!)
888Poker is MUCH softer than pokerstars. 10nl is only busy for small part of day, 5nl is busy all day. Many players only buyin for 40 - 60bb's and many also do not have their settings set to reload to 100bb. (& typically they are all fish).
GGPoker is also much softer than Pokerstars.
ACR & Sportsbetting are also softer than Pokerstars.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
THere's actually a big difference between the different poker sites. (I see the poster above says in the micro limits they are all the same... but they are not!)
888Poker is MUCH softer than Pokerstars. 10nl is only busy for small part of day, 5nl is busy all day. Many players only buyin for 40 - 60bb's and many also do not have their settings set to reload to 100bb. (& typically they are all fish).
Have to agree, main reason I chose to play only on stars, it’s populated and a stronger field. And those fish tells are spot on.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
888Poker is MUCH softer than Pokerstars. 10nl is only busy for small part of day, 5nl is busy all day. Many players only buyin for 40 - 60bb's and many also do not have their settings set to reload to 100bb. (& typically they are all fish).
Yes. I agree with you, 888poker is really easier to play and there are a lot of bad players. And I haven't played on GG, so I don't know how it is there.