QQ vs AK. preflop all in?

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ I'm probably smooth calling a 3 bet most of the time and AK very rarely I'll 4 bet it. If I get 4 or 5 bet on either of these hands I'm probably shoving unless the villain is a super nit.
You're overvaluing both hands. Both hands a relatively weak hands when you consider them heads up against hands that you're opponent is likely to go all in with. If you were going to shove all in with one of them it definitely would be QQ and not AK as there are significantly more hands that the AK is weaker against the QQ. Against a 4bet it's a fold with QQ. While a 3bet is all thats needed to throw away AK. Unless I'm sitting short stacked there's no need to risk my entire stack on the hopes that my opponent is over aggressively betting his weaker hand.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
assuming that opponent have AKo and we have QQ. will you call the all in made by opponent?
which is the better option here. Fold or call?

I know its not possible to narrow down opponents range to just AK. still like to know if calling on AK is right decision or wrong?
That's a big assumption you're making considering theres no way of knowing if they have AK opposed to AA or KK. Even if you're assumption is correct your QQ is at the slightest of advantages. Winning about 55% of the time. Which means that your risking your entire stack up for what is basically a coin flip and that would be best case scenario where as if your assumption was wrong and your opponent is holding AA or KK you are going to lose more than 80% of the time. Unless short stacked this hand is a definite fold. Even if he hadn't gone all in but bet me up anymore than 10-20% of my overall stack it's an easy fold for me. One of the basic fundamentals of poker is to try and bet hands that are better than my opponents hand while folding the ones that are weaker. So why you bet against a opponent who is showing that he likely has a monster hamd

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
assuming that opponent have AKo and we have QQ. will you call the all in made by opponent?

I know its not possible to narrow down opponents range to just AK. still like to know if calling on AK is right decision or wrong?

In my opinion it is right call,opp have 6 out,and for me it is good hand.
Of course you must have a little bit of luck,but you will wrong if you fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends a lot on the situation, the number of blind people, etc. I prefer to see the flop with the same hand ... see what happens for 5 cards,
I am the same. When there's even just a few blind people on the table, I much prefer to wait til' at least the flop comes down instead of just getting it allin preflop. I mean come on... my odds of winning gotta go up at least a bit with them not even bein' able to see their cards.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Calling all in with QQ it is a good decision, but you must have taken your decision carefully. Q or QQ are strong cards but there are aces and kings which are stronger!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, of course QQ vs AK is scary but you're a couple of percent ahead 53% to 47% like this calculation if I'm not mistaken in favor of QQ you can open the calculator and see so this is definitely a plus action but almost equal confrontation I can say always these hands fight and I lost yesterday with that hand in a tournament for $109 for 1 million prize pool and was eliminated when I was in almost 300 top players but for QQ I lost against AK and was eliminated from the tournament after tilt so you'll lose almost as much as you won with that hand but I would recommend it play more carefully

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think u should call there is the best approach only is the villain is super tight and only had aces and kings and u know that should be a fold but usually the call is the correct play

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
if u are above 10 bb is sure all in, if u have 200bb and early game, why should you risk all ?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Shove the QQ's...

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call if I wasn't on the bubble, QQ is very strong, and if there are more people in the hand, even better...

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
AK vs QQ looks like a good battle considering how close the tournament is to the money

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we talk about AK and QQ, there is no doubt that we are talking about two hands from the list of the best. But still, sometimes they can lead you to very unpleasant pranks.

In principle, an aggressive game will be correct, but there are exceptions.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Speaking of cash in general, if you have a QQ hand, it's all-in without a doubt.
Now, I play it according to position in different ways.
Of course, QQ vs XX what you want is for the table not to be multiway, so you should take that into account, the confrontation should be 1 on 1.
Right from the beginning I have assumed that the QQ hand is all-in, but many times I try to concentrate on my opponent's game, and if the pot out there gets to be big (for example a 60BB pot) in general I don't go all-in and make call.
I do this to avoid variance, because in general when you are at a table you know the players, and you know very well who plays you in this way, with this type of hands.
That gives you a chance to see a flop, and if that flop, let's say, contains A or K, or doesn't contain A or K, I play differently.
Because in general if a player with AKo sees a flop where there is no high pair for him, it is certain that he will even make you a minimum bet or check.
But if the flop contains pair high, then in general you will realize that the player will try to get the most out of his hand, then you knowing it, you can make the decision to continue in the hand or fold.
In the event that it is your turn to fold, and this opponent actually played his hand as he should play it, you will have substantially reduced the possibility of losing your entire stack in an initial all-in, which you know the chances of winning exist, but also there are chances of losing.
I always say that the allin in these cases, is a way of playing Russian roulette with a two-bullet revolver with a single bullet in its magazine, if you are lucky that no bullet triggers you are the winner.
Greetings:):):)

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AK can make you lose your chippies quite often if always pushing all-in. As many state, can't win with AK and can't beat it when against it. For me QQ wins big pots much more often.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With QQ yes but with AK only call 3 bet or fold on all in

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it was at the beginning of the tournament or already ITM, I would call, but if it was close to the bubble, it would have to be a villain that would not eliminate me or leave me with few chips.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude, it all depends on his bet, usually if he makes a tribet and the tournament starts without entry, I fold with AK, because it's a hand of thousands that you can win in the tournament, this for a tournament without entry, the best decision is fold , folding also wins the tournament, your chance of beating your A or your k is 32.43% so the best decision is to fold of course depending a lot on villain's action.

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I'll choose a pair, although as usual the river will be an ace))

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on some things

first of all i would always take QQ over AK preflop

regarding if i would call an all in from AKo against me holding QQ :

if it is a tournament and you dont have that much more left then it is an easy call

if you have a lot of chips and cover him/her by a big amount then it is an easy call

if you both are deep and if the call might cost you your tournament life then i personally would fold if i know he/she has AK

in a cash game it is similar . if deep and money would be in danger i would not call tbh.

i would call if i am short stacked 100% or if i cover him/her by a decent amount

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In freeroll I always call with QQ.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

most of the time we will win in this situation, I think we will have a 57% advantage in our favor. But everything would depend on the timing of the tournament, the action at the table, the position and amount of chips the opponent has, normally on the bubble I wouldn't call his all-in.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call except when its near bubble time, im gonna think about it more. 😦😎😦🙁

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ vs AK or QQ vs KK or QQ vs AA..

These hands play themselves. At times you will be the favourite, and underdog other times.

Folding QQ is giving up lot of EV if you put your opponent on AK (16 combos).

However if he gets all in with AK half the time and with AA and KK all the time, then you are essentially flipping.

QQ might be a good fold in certain cases. Cold 4 bet and 5 bet situations with 200+ BB deep.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Um, in a cash game? Unless you have specific sharp read where you narrow your opponent down to KK and AA only, it's a call with QQ. If you're within your bankroll management, its a call. Ive folded QQ preflop in cash game before, twice, because I had a sharp read on my oppomemt who had KK and other time AA and both times I was correct. But against AK? Im calling. Only time im folding to AK is when I'm in a tournament and icm dictates for me to fold. Ive folded Queens to AK before because I didnt want to flip my stack with a chip leader when I'm second in chips and we are in final table where payouts go up exponentially as others get knocked out. Big stack shoved and ive seen him play, who doesnt play lot of hands and he's a chip leader. Narrowed it down to AKs, KK, AA, and he had AK, hit two pairs on the board. Lol, glad i got out of that one. But by folding, he knocked out 2 shortstacks and payouts immediately bumped up exponentially.
But in cash game? Im calling if i know he has AK, even suited. You can always reload and top off. Tournaments you can't.