QQ vs AK. preflop all in?

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you really read the opponent and are confident that he is able to go all-in with AKO's hand, your chances of winning in the region of 55 to 45. But in addition to this, your decision can also be affected by the following factors: tournament status, at what stage of the tournament events are developing, distribution prizes depending on the occupied place and much more.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Ace King is a pretty cool guy, he shove all in his money and doesn't afraid of anything.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call, especially the opponent in the UTG position...

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its a suicide… but both hands its really good, high % of winning in the beginning, but after the flop, everything can change the situation…
if my stock were lower or higher i will call all-in, if medium i play safe…

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ all in AK all-in is a very tempting and intriguing action. Often AK lose to short stacks and chip leaders. In our position, we play according to the situation and possible statistics for the players.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
assuming that opponent have AKo and we have QQ. will you call the all in made by opponent?
which is the better option here. Fold or call?

I know its not possible to narrow down opponents range to just AK. still like to know if calling on AK is right decision or wrong?
If you know for a fact they have AK we should never be folding. We have the better side of a flip, and are a favorite to win....

With that said, I'm not saying I'm never folding QQ pre, but it would be super rare.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is always a favourite against AK in a heads up situation ..in multi pot it's more like a coin flip

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who folds a pair of queens and ak preflop is an eternal loser. Such cards simply cannot be discarded by definition.
This is absolutely false and a biased opinion.

There are plenty of situations in which folding both is the best thing to do.

They may be not easy to spot, but folding QQ and AK is not a move for "eternal losers".

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK no good for me against QQ last night. I would gladly take the QQ any day of the week. My theory is queens are the new aces preflop. I seen over 1k hands yesterday and queens are killing it lately

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends a lot on the flop ... often the top hands lose to a flush draw on the turn or the river, and there are also the straight so you should always be careful and counting your and your opponent's outs

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's literally basically a coin toss chance with these 2 hands up against each other. I'd prefer the QQ but that is simply because with AK you are still needing to hit something.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to call all in always with AA KK QQ JJ AND AK AQ AJ this is my style.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put all-in with AK in the cash game 9 times today. The opponents dropped their cards 5 times. I lost the remaining 4 times. It makes no sense to put all-in with AK preflop in a cash game. Better play your hand correctly.

P

profa1989

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in is for amateur player before flop is turn on ...Because other players if they call they will play with strong cards ,pair or same color.A strong player would not pay because it is pure luck to win and you can earn more with low to medium raise :)My opinion :)

P

profa1989

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I put all-in with AK in the cash game 9 times today. The opponents dropped their cards 5 times. I lost the remaining 4 times. It makes no sense to put all-in with AK preflop in a cash game. Better play your hand correctly.

I m agree ,there is a great chance players to fold and so you lose strong card games just for small and big blind.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m agree ,there is a great chance players to fold and so you lose strong card games just for small and big blind.
Time does not rush players like in a tournament. The blinds are not something we want to win with a strong hand . Some people take risks when they are tired and are about to leave the table.:wavey:

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

For all-in preflop you need to see the eyes of other players.

Q

qbvbsite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ I'm probably smooth calling a 3 bet most of the time and AK very rarely I'll 4 bet it. If I get 4 or 5 bet on either of these hands I'm probably shoving unless the villain is a super nit.

OmgCandy1907

OmgCandy1907

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only 1 time out of 100 possible I will fold AK preflop and a lot should coincide in order for me to make this decision.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to me AK wins in online play more often than QQ does.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ it is a strong hand.........Is number 3 after AA and KK..........Most of the time i think is better to showe preflop...because if you see in floop A or K it is hard to play after......

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on what is being played, the cash game is paid all in without thinking, but if there is a good tournament, the prizes are close and big, it can fold QQ :D ;)

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack depth is important here. Since this is basically a flip and you are ahead, you just need to decide for yourself how much variance you want in your game. Most people are okay with stacking off in this situation in a 200bb cap cash game, but would probably fold it at a huge money bubble in a tourny. The same can be said for if you are much deeper effective stack with your opponent in a cash game. If you grind for 10 hours and are sitting on 1000+bb, it might be a spot you choose to fold to avoid the variance.

agreed. depending on the situation. to most players though, in micro mtts, it's a quick call

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends your stack size. As the smaller your stack is the more hands you will play. Assume that your stack 15BB or more you shouldn't go all in with either of those hands. In the low stake tournaments and the freerolls you'll players going all in with nearly anything. In those type of environments cards like AK or QQ appear to be much stronger hands then they actually are. You will have some success against bad players with those hands but against good players who are much more disciplined then bad players are. Going all in preflop will only be called by a better hand as there is no way that a good player will risk their chip unless they have a significant advantage over their opponent. There are just two hands that offer a significant advantage over all others. That's the AA and KK. While hands like AK or QQ are at significant disadvantages to some cards. Especially the AK which not only loses to the AA and the AK it loses to any pair QQ or lower more than 55% of the time. AK is a weak hand to play preflop as it's most likely to be called by a stronger hand. If I was forced to go all in with one against the other I would take the QQ but I would just as happily take 22 or 33 as they have the same exact chance of beating AK. One of the most important elements to playing good poker is understanding the value of your cards. Were as most bad players significantly overvalue the strength of their hands

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is also the very likely chance that you will get called by a hand that is stronger than AK. Heads up their are 13 hands that are stronger the AK while the only hand that is likely to call that is weaker then AK would be AQ and maybe you get someone to call with AJ but not very likely.