QQ vs AK. preflop all in?

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely a call you are head always.
If you are near or in the money you might use icm to find out if it is worth it.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot, earlie game I dont like to flip, just if we are big stack and the vilain is low.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I knew for certain opponent had AK, I would go every time with QQ. You have the edge and a made hand.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as someone already stated i would always go all in if i had qq and the opponent had ak. but if i had ak i would like to see some flops sometimes.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for 14 years, and not to the point where Id lay down QQ..

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are 56 percent ahead of your opponent's range, so it is a classic race where you will have a slight advantage in the long run

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very often I call push with this classic situation, what I see, if I in position QQ or AK get hit, or this the third hand often drawing at this table for me plus here be limpers may be can fold ip.

V

Vanguarde

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here chance 50/50. All will be as lucky.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is the beginning of the game, then I'll throw it away.
If not, I will play.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call....but depends how far into tourney I am...if I'm almost in the money but not there yet I might fold...but most likely I'd call all-in with QQ, KK, AA

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
assuming that opponent have AKo and we have QQ. will you call the all in made by opponent?
which is the better option here. Fold or call?

I know its not possible to narrow down opponents range to just AK. still like to know if calling on AK is right decision or wrong?
If you're folding this hand to an open or a 3 bet it's a mistake. Folding to a 4 bet can be correct but remember if you're folding this hand preflop there's only 12 combinations of AA and KK that you're playing. Much of what to do post flop will be player dependent and according to the texture of the flop. It's a coin flip and your hand is ahead. If it's a loose player you may want to call a 3 or 4 bet to keep there bluffs in play because if you have them on AK and they miss will they CB on the flop if the answer is yes you call. If they're tight 3 or 4 betting will be your best bet. This allows you the chance to win a large pot without seeing a flop as well as bloat the pot in case you win.

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People saying they would fold QQ on the bubble = +EV = lol

Do not ever fold QQ in your situation. Never.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can put this in equilab and I'm pretty sure qq will win in the long run. It's a call everytime

Do you guys find one or the other more suitable? I'm looking for something I can efficiently use during play that won't take up too much time. I'm still working on memorizing most the odds, but having something next to me to help would be greatly beneficial.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the easy part: it's a coin flip!
the difficult part: when (not) to play a coin flip?

I think this is the simplest and best reply to this thread. It's a matter of knowing when to play that hand, and when to let it go. There are times when you should just let the queens go, I'm speaking with tournament play in mind, but in both cash and tourneys, sometimes it's best to just let it go. The majority of the time I'd say I'm flipping that coin though.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys find one or the other more suitable? I'm looking for something I can efficiently use during play that won't take up too much time. I'm still working on memorizing most the odds, but having something next to me to help would be greatly beneficial.

havent used the second one but the object is to spend time off table so you know the numbers. you probably wont have time to resort to it during a hand in play

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the all in from a tight or loose player? I would fold QQ against a tight passive all in preflop. It is very hard to put a player such as this on AK when I would usually make the assumption that they are holding AA or KK. Loose aggro all in is a call every time

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of additional money in blinds it's very profitable call.

Moodylove

Moodylove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

I'd say that it would depend on how much you put on the line. Your own money for .40$ to $4, I would go for it. Freeroll, 100% go for it. You definitely have a chance to hit a set, but it would be quite risky to put 5$ and up on the line when its still preflop. I'm a risky player though, I'd probably go for it.

V

Vulpix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game, call. As others have pointed out, there are circumstances in tournament poker where it is a fold. In fact, it is sometimes correct to fold AA preflop in a tournament. There are free tools like equilab that can help you answer this question, and many others like it. Back to the question; from an EV perspective, it is a call in a cash game no matter the conditions since you are a favorite to win the hand. However, if your bankroll is on the line, it's probably a fold. If someone open shoves AK and you have QQ, you may consider a fold if losing the hand will cause you to tilt, or make you play badly. Since you have nothing invested in the pot, the variance will be higher. There may be other factors than strictly EV that influence your decision making process, although rare.
For example, sometimes you have to consider the rake. We can never put our opponent on a single hand, and instead put them on a range of hands. If you have QQ, and your opponent has the range {TT+,AKs,AKo}, then you are a 52% favorite against this range, and should call an all in. However, because of high rake at lower stakes (5% and higher), this will be -EV, or at best break even.
-vulpix

S

SteveBNC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK fold preflop

It is a race. In tournament play playing AK has cost me the bubble against 2's so I look at how many chips I can safely loose even with pre-flop odds.