QJs MP raise, call, fold?

E

encdz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJs full ring table MP everyone has decent stack size.
WWYD?
Call, bet, fold?
I personally would call... Hoping to see the flop cheaply. Maybe call a 2.5x bet sizing. from any LP.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Like any decent player would say - it depends. It depends how the other players behave, how big are the blinds, etc.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest generally just raising or folding if you're the first one in the pot and you're any position besides the small blind (where limping becomes a much better option.) So I'd be raising QJs from any position in most situations with a normal 2.5bb-3bb raise size assuming stacks are fairly deep.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Welcome!

QJs full ring table MP everyone has decent stack size.
WWYD?
Call, bet, fold?
I personally would call... Hoping to see the flop cheaply. Maybe call a 2.5x bet sizing. from any LP.

Hello there encdz, good evening how you doing? Thank you for sharing your doubt and welcome to the CardsChat community, the best forum in the world!
Well, before looking at your hole cards, you should know who you are playing with.

A) How many hands have you played with the players involved?
B) How was your image/their image at the table when the action happened?

QJs is a strong hand but it will depend on: if some player have already opened from the EP and how Tight is this player.
If it comes in GAP for you in the MP, who are the players in the HJ, CO, BTN, SB and BB, they are more passive, more 3-bettors/Squeezors?
When you raise preflop and get called by a player in position and miss the flop what's your action?
When you raise preflop and get called bya player ouf of position (in the blinds) and miss the flop what's your action?

Next time try to give us more details about the table and the hand, because it will make the analysis for our friends here more easy. Your question is very default, generic, thus very hard to answer properly.
I hope it helps you, any doubts, comments, critics, please, do not hesitate to make it!
Have a magic day!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

Just limping (especially open limping) should never be an option for many reasons.
You will end up paying more and losing the initiative if someone raises you and you decide to call, or you just burn 1bb if you decide to fold. Also you show weakness, they might stop respecting you, take advantage on you, etc.

So our options come down to raise or fold.
Since QJs is a fairly strong hand and you have a decent stack size I recommend to open raise from any position (I open raise 910s from any position xD) and you decide from there.

Now, if someone from an early position raises, it's probably better to fold or 3bet if you want to play your hand. Just calling from MP may provoke a 3-bet which will waste us 2-3bb.

Btw, why to see a cheap flop? See a decent flop with a decent hand and win big! xD
Good luck on the tables.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJs is a standard RFI from any position. At deeper stack depths it's fine to even flat a 3b (if you're certain you won't get squeezed). Never open limp.

D

DrGreenthumb420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So rfi is standard I think, but what to do if faced with open raisen (bout 2.5-3bb)
In this case you could call or raise and make an argument for both. Fairly deep stacked, usually the aggressive option is the better one.

Folding in Poker