Putting players on hand ranges.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you find best to do this, i mean sometimes its easier than other times. for example if somebody is mega tight and has VP-4 and PR-4 then they raise theres a good chance they have a good hand. and likewise if the player is loose theres a good chance they have a weaker hand.

But how do you judge players that have say a Vp of 15 and a PR of 10 would you put them on having say one of the top 15% or if they just called would you say they have a weaker hand(lower pockets) etc

Also is there a chart out there that shows which hands are in which percentage zone as i think that would be rather useful to learn from

Many Thanks

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not everybody applies the same value to the same hand. A player my be very tight according to the numbers but they always play Q9s like it was the nuts because they once won a big tourney with that hand.

The numbers let you say this guy could have anything or this guy is playing one of a half dozen hands. Observation of the player will be necessary to make more specific assessments.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on position. I usually play with a VPIP around 17 and a PFR around 12. A general rule is if someone raises in EP they probably have a pretty good hand like AK, AQ or 10 10+. In LP their range will be looser. I also look at a players fold to three bet %, and fold to C Bet %, if they fold a lot and I'm in position I will three bet or C bet the flop with a lot lighter range depending on who I'm facing. Just picking spots and certain players at that point, not really worried about the cards. If that makes sense.

As far as a chart, download poker stove and plug in their VPIP, it will give you a good idea of their range. I'll post a screen shot for you. you can get poker stove at www.pokerstove.com

For someone 15/10 as a guide their range would be:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 15
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands