Professional Poker Player in Southern California Crushing It?

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way?!?! Really? Damn, we were all expecting you to crush!! Willing to take on board what people are saying yet trying to help?! Since we have been proved right again and again and again!

I'm actually a decent player.

Online I've run it up countless times.

Doing okay on .25/.50

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol got any graphs over DECENT hand sample sizes? You might have been on heaters online. If you can consistently beat 50NL online, 1/3 should be nothing to you. And your fundamentals would be super solid, which does not seem like the case. A solid 50NL reg could probably hold his own at 5/10 live.

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol got any graphs over DECENT hand sample sizes? You might have been on heaters online. If you can consistently beat 50NL online, 1/3 should be nothing to you. And your fundamentals would be super solid, which does not seem like the case. A solid 50NL reg could probably hold his own at 5/10 live.

Like you need to ask! He will have a paper graph somewhere showing his sick 50NL online W/R for sure!

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Dude, he has been beating 50nl online since 2/26/16, how much more of a sample size do you clowns need?

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have yet to see even see one graph from you guys lol???? Other then I went up then I just lost it all. Haha. Typical poker scrub.

Now, I'll have a graph. That is based on hours of play for now.

Yes I'm a troll.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In.

Interesting thread, I better go to bed now though :p

Luck forward to reading your updates.

I didn't spot the face s3mps... you are a funny man :)

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be on here a week from now. I'll post my results of online. If I fail oh well. If I win great.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first "real" hand history in this thread, and he:

[x] Asks what to do when we catch a top 5% flop for AQ

[ ] Mentions anything about ranges

[ ] Mentions anything about villain tendencies

[ ] Impresses anyone

And I'm all like:

[x] Subbed

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At least you waited till the hand history before subbing. :)

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No update? I was enjoying this thread...

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No update? I was enjoying this thread...

He didn't use proper BRM, and his winnings towards the end were to cover his losses from "variance".

I think he went broke.

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or maybe he was deterred by the absurd amounts of salt you guys were throwing at him :eek:

In fairness, a great number of the forum attempted to assist and in many of his threads posted useful, experienced based advice which was in repayed with disregard, bursts of ego and at times outright insult. I think any salt was fully justified.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fairness, a great number of the forum attempted to assist and in many of his threads posted useful, experienced based advice which was in repayed with disregard, bursts of ego and at times outright insult. I think any salt was fully justified.

^
Aside from the usual trolls, people did genuinely try to help and showed genuine concern that his entire life bankroll (poker,rent, food etc) was the sum of $4500....

F

FoBreeze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you know it all. Here is a question for you. I want to know what you would do.

1-3 Live.

AQ in Early Position
I raise to 15 and get 2-3 callers.
Flop comes out Qd, 10d, 5s

So what do you do? Check it down? Bet out 15 from early position and risk getting re-raised?

My normal technique here is to bet out 15-20. If I get called I usually check the turn. Regardless. If opponent bets 20-30$ on the turn. And the pots already over 100$ its almost as if I have to call. If I don't make two-pair by the river or a set it is a very scary situation in 1-3 live. I can either bet out 25 and risk getting raised. Or I can check here and usually opponent will bet of course it all decides what the turn and river are. If another diamond comes out it makes the board difficult. If a jack falls it could mean someone made a straight. 1-3 is hard and top pair top kicker is a shit hand as far as I'm concerned.

BTW: I'll be posting a graph of my BR and results for 6 max 0.50 - 1.00 online

Hey anyone with any input on this is appreciated.

My opinion is this is too small of a continuation bet. A small bet is going to induce more action... more callers, and a better chance of a reraise. My continuation bets are almost always at least 60% of the pot. Firing a second bullet is not a bad idea if it's a brick and same on the river... That is a draw heavy board, but nobody could have flopped the nuts... The best you can expect is a draw, a set or 2 pair... Nobody could have flopped the nuts. You could get a call from KQ or Q bad kicker... So lower bets on 4th and 5th streets may not be a bad idea.

I'm curious as to thoughts on 4th and 5th street, but I definitely think the continuation bet is too small IMO

F

FoBreeze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My other thought is do you ever take any time off? From the looks of your graph you have been playing for a month straight... Sometimes you need to take off until you can get your mind completely off of poker and come back with a clear mind. This has helped me in the past. This game will mess with your head.

F

FoBreeze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, with the AQ hand... I am talking about if you have 2 callers pre flop for a $45 pot. Heck, I would usually bet that flop even if I didn't have a pair of queens and only 2 over cards... If you bet out with nothing and do the same when you have something you are a lot harder to figure out.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

People were outright insulting to this guy in their attempts to be helpful from the beginning. I personally don't think it's cool but I'm not making an opinion on whether or not it was justified. I just think that if he should not return that this may be the cause lol

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People were outright insulting to this guy in their attempts to be helpful from the beginning. I personally don't think it's cool but I'm not making an opinion on whether or not it was justified. I just think that if he should not return that this may be the cause lol

I think my first 5-10 replies to him across various threads were legit input/advice. The only memorable response I got was "ok." The rest of the time I was completely ignored.