problem with overpair multiway

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=724xVSUvw

I'm not sure when I have overpair or TPTK (AK) in multiway and Out of positon a standard play is check or bet versus unknown player . what if I'm in position should I just bet my overpair and TPTK on Flush draw or straight draw board and check dry board

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting hand! I would bet the flop to get value and protect your hand; a lot of weaker holdings can call including QJs, 88, flush draws, and hands like AcTs. You don't want this one to get checked around.

If you bet the flop you'll bet turn as well. As you played it though, I like the river. When both players go all-in, you make a nice fold and save a lot of chips.

By the way, check out the CardsChat hand converter when you get a chance!

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It all depends on how the pre-flop situation happened, the ranges you have estimated, you should have tried to isolate your strong hand against one or two players at most, that's what I think, regards

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Interesting hand! I would bet the flop to get value and protect your hand; a lot of weaker holdings can call including QJs, 88, flush draws, and hands like AcTs. You don't want this one to get checked around.

If you bet the flop you'll bet turn as well. As you played it though, I like the river. When both players go all-in, you make a nice fold and save a lot of chips.

By the way, check out the CardsChat hand converter when you get a chance!
I agree with him in the analysis. And player 9 surprises me, all the money he give away.:eek::D

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Value betting is good with top pair top kicker.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try using over-raises in some exceptionally crazy games but the bottom line is that sometimes you are going to be in a big family pot with your aces no matter what.