Pre-Flop Strategies

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me - the lower my pre flop pair? the closer to position I need to be in.

If I'm the button? and plenty of folds before me? Sure, I'll go 44 - ok- MAYBE... This is as to making a half stack bet or shove.

In general, I like to spend the least to get the most information I can - and see the flop.

On the other hand, if I have AA, down to say QQ? I may drive it hard pre flop, I'm finding lately if I don't chase people out with that big shove pre flop? They are the ones that land a 4 5 6 7 8 straight etc.. or two pair...

So, if I have high pairs? I'll shove and scare, if I have low? I need to be the button or real close. Just my two cents.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a decision pre-flop, the player, in addition to his position, must take into account the actions of previous players. In order to join the game after a player who raised (bet), you need a much stronger card than to join the game as the first raiser. This is obvious, since a player who entered the game with a raise (especially if the raise was from an early position) is more likely to have a strong card. In addition, entering the game after the raiser, you get worse chances of the bank than if you opened a trade.

If the player who raised in front of you and is in late position, then it's possible that his card is not that strong, and he just tries to steal the pot. Such a raise should not scare you as much as a raise from an early position (this situation will be discussed in more detail in the section on styling and restyling).

In the event that one or more players in front of you and entered the game with a call, the chances of the bank offered to you become more profitable. In this case, you can reduce the requirements for your card. In fact, if you are in a late position and several people are in front of you and entered the game with a call, the pot odds make it justified to call almost any hand.