Pre flop bets

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you call $12 pre flop with pocket 4s?? How about $50 pre flop with pocket 5s? Lol

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on limits, if the blinds are at least $2/4 i would call with pocket fours pre, same in other case, up to 3bbs it's a call for me :)

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you call $12 pre flop with pocket 4s?? How about $50 pre flop with pocket 5s? Lol

Without further information you can't answer this question.

What are the stakes/ is it Fullring or 6-max and what is your/ villain position plus the action that has taken place?

That's the minimum info you need, furthermore you want to consider villains style and rake at given limit.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try flopzilla and basic calculators mate. This is straight forward math problem.
2 outs x 3 cards (flop cards) x 2% (if standard 52 card deck) = 12% chance of flopping a set, aka once in about 8,(3) times, lets aggressively round it up to 9.
Now work out SPR and basic probability of you stacking your opponent.
Usually id recommend 20 SPR against a normal range and reasonably aggressive player, from there you can deviate depending on your reads.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well I play micros , so my answer is very easy . NO :) For the money that I play now , to call with 4s or 5s such an amount seems out of reality lol :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the player and the level of the blinds. If you sit for a few hours without winning in a cash game, you may make this stake yourself.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It depend, you can call all in with those.. in heads up.. i recomend call. up to 30% of your stack with poket pair..

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things to look at:
What is my position?
How often will I get squeezed or am I closing the action?
How deep are stacks? You definitely would want 100bb stacks for set mining.
You hit a set around 1 out of eight times. This means you will have to fold flop pretty regularly.

Which makes for another point. How good are you in folding weak pairs on the flop. If you struggle there, I would more often fold preflop already.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What are the blinds and stack sizes? If you're getting great implied odds, you need at least 7:1 implied odds to hit your set.

Know your opponent's raising range too for that given bet sizing. People automatically think oh he might have AKo, but he can also AA, KK, QQ there, and JJ sometimes. AK is just 1/4 or 1/5 of his range where you're both flipping. He's a 4:1 favorite otherwise