Position and Range

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been learning a lot here lately, and I want to keep learning from you all. Position and Range is what I want to work on now. I guess what I want to know is what position should I be playing with kinds of hands. I'm probably playing some in the wrong position because I'm having to fold some because of raises. Any help would be great.

PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, you would like to play stronger hands up front and you are allowed to play speculative hands in late position depending on the action and players at the table.

H

hitides

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking your gonna want to play strong hands in early position and suitied connectors in late? I'm also needing this lesson. If it's ok with you ? I'd like to also add to the question and ask... leading out bet size? I'm very sure I give hands away with over betting at the wrong time.

BigCountryGB

BigCountryGB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do an internet search for "poker starting hands". You'll find charts that show you what types of hands to play from each position. It is a good starting point for learning how tight or loose you should be playing from early and late position.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. I been making a big mistake by playing suited connectors in early and middle position, and many of them I have to fold because of late position raises. Yes hitides, you are more than welcome to ask whatever you want to in this tread. We are here to learn the game, and what I have got here has helped me a great deal. You know BigCountryGB I have never thought about searching for that, even if I do know you can find anything on the internet. And thanks WsopCircuit for your input.

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to be opening with a very strong range from UTG and other early positions.

P

paratrooper99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live or online? 6 max or full?

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online and full. I stay away from 6 max.

J

JuanMa2121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case i only play very good hands in starter positions (small or big blinds) from there i begin decreasing the quality of my hands as the position gets better (take in count the dealer position is obviously the best):

D

DIOGO LOPES

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I been learning a lot here lately, and I want to keep learning from you all. Position and Range is what I want to work on now. I guess what I want to know is what position should I be playing with kinds of hands. I'm probably playing some in the wrong position because I'm having to fold some because of raises. Any help would be great.

I think you need to note the villains! this is very helpfull

sorry for my bad english.