Clipboard.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 30
R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first glance its difficult to see where its going wrong as the stats look really good. Looking at the graph you started really hot and then pretty much lost it all. The red line goes from flat to falling off quite steeply.
Yup after 5K hands was up $50 nearly 20bb/100
1K hands was up $48

I see this in my charts from time to time and I'm thinking this is tilt. You start playing well then suffer a couple of beats and then first I start folding too much as I don't want to get stacked again then when I lose another hand I should win it leads me to calling people down when I should be folding because you can't believe your premium has been cracked again. It's like you have to call just to make sure they have it and to confirm how unlucky you are running.

Sounds like me a non believer, not sure which stats to use apart from AG%, i.e high AG% call low AG% fold
One thing I notice in the hands you post is that you seem to be playing for stacks every time you flop tpgk or better. The KK example above where you call off the river after he leads into you with trip 8s is a clear example of a hand you played perfect to the end and he got stupid lucky, guaranteed to tilt me that one. But if he leads into you there its never a bluff and you need to find the discipline to fold here. We talked about this before, it's never a bluff because 5nl players can't fold their premium overpairs in that spot.
Trying to work on this and trying to avoid stacking off in single raised pots and preferably only stacking of in 3Bet pots against aggros
One of the problems I find in zoom is the players are usually either very good regs or total beginners. I think if you know who you are up against you can start to back off if you meet resistance from a reg on the flop especially on dry boards.
Of course we're stacking off against fish with our overpairs but not usually the regs so we really need to use the hud early in the hand to assess our opponent.
Also are you reviewing your sessions properly?
Not really just tend to look at biggest pots lost and occasionally when I'm playing I'll mark an hand for review

Some pertinent notes on the regs should help make better decisions. It's too easy to just play.
John talks about the little things in poker they do all add up and add polish to your game, reviewing and note taking is part of that
This is what I need to do more although difficult to do at Zoom
Thanks figaroo good advice as always :)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some pertinent notes on the regs should help make better decisions. It's too easy to just play.
John talks about the little things in poker they do all add up and add polish to your game, reviewing and note taking is part of that
This is what I need to do more although difficult to do at Zoom

I often do this before shutting the table as you can flick back through hands in the instant hand history much quicker than in HM2. Just hit the visualise button and click back through the hands looking for the ones that go to showdown, even if you are not in the hand it is still captured to the end and you can see what cards the villians were playing in what positions and if there is anything noteworthy you can note straight onto the player and colour code if required
In fact id recommend doing this at least once every 500 hands as it breaks up the play, takes you off autopilot and can help cool you down if you are getting a bit hot under the collar from a few beats.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May I highjack briefly? I've been meaning to ask this question. What are some good notes to start with? How do you guys zero in on traits of other players?

Sure. I talk a good amount about this in polished poker. I think that's a good place to start. It's not the end all. I could write a ton more about this of course. I also have a bit in the hitman hud which is free. It goes over player typing. I can post a link if you don't have it already.

On a deeper level... oh no, don't go there John... yeah, I'm going to. Really, the more aware you are in your conscious life, the quicker you'll be able to pick up on body language, and tells. So learning how to bring your awareness back to the present is an important trait, not just for poker of course. But if you want to pick up on tells, and make quick reads, really it starts with just being more aware. :) Good news is if you're not great at it now, you can easily become better.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So what do you guys think? I really think this guy just decided that he was going to bluff and just went with it. He was goofy, and did make moves. He was pretty aggressive too w/ 61% over agg. He had 3-bet me a few times, once w/ 37s (by end of sesh his 3-bet was 8%). He over valued some hands as well. In my gut I really thought I should call and I was planning on just calling him down.

iPoker - $2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 98.5 BB (VPIP: 16.00, PFR: 14.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 52)
CO: 95 BB (VPIP: 22.58, PFR: 17.74, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 63)
BTN: 110 BB (VPIP: 25.49, PFR: 19.61, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
SB: 166.23 BB (VPIP: 35.79, PFR: 23.16, 3Bet Preflop: 2.78, Hands: 95)
Hero (BB): 200.1 BB
UTG: 191.53 BB (VPIP: 39.36, PFR: 8.51, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 95)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: K:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, UTG raises to 12.5 BB, Hero calls 8.5 BB

Flop: (25.5 BB, 2 players) 4:spade: A:diamond: 6:heart:
Hero checks, UTG bets 12.75 BB, Hero calls 12.75 BB

Turn: (51 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
Hero checks, UTG bets 25.5 BB, Hero calls 25.5 BB

River: (102 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
Hero checks, UTG bets 102 BB, fold

UTG wins 201 BB

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't like the fold on the end tbh. The Q looks like a pretty good blank unless he has exactly AQ but its fewer combo's with our blocker. If he's aggressive then he's doing pretty much what was expected by potting the river. I'd have been more worried by a check!
Personally I'd have continued to pump it pre flop. We can't be afraid AK is behind his range preflop so lets get some money in pre. With that flop we could really pressure him and take control of the hand.
So really all we can be afraid of is small sets and 2 pair combo's but does he limp raise with Ax small, a small pair or any of the two pair combo's out there....not very often Imo. I think you levelled yourself into thinking he could have something when in reality his stats are saying he's just an aggressive fish. Your gut was right but you didn't execute on the end. Maybe you didn't want to be seen to lose to a fish huh..
Also this looks like a suitable spot for a small turn raise with your slight +ev hand if you wanted to see a cheaper river but this doesn't fit with the plan of calling him down. One or the other was required methinks.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry just seen you were oop ignore the turn raise suggestion then.
You said you intended to call him down, how much would you have called then?

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure. I talk a good amount about this in polished poker. I think that's a good place to start. It's not the end all. I could write a ton more about this of course. I also have a bit in the hitman hud which is free. It goes over player typing. I can post a link if you don't have it already.

On a deeper level... oh no, don't go there John... yeah, I'm going to. Really, the more aware you are in your conscious life, the quicker you'll be able to pick up on body language, and tells. So learning how to bring your awareness back to the present is an important trait, not just for poker of course. But if you want to pick up on tells, and make quick reads, really it starts with just being more aware. :) Good news is if you're not great at it now, you can easily become better.

No no not that! Not the deeper level! Pretty soon we're going to be having conversations around a lava lamp about the existential plight of the house fly! Or God forbid, The Tao of Pooh!!! Great book by the way lol

Live, I'm still doing my best not to have any tells myself which my girlfriend reminded me of a big one I have last night that I really have to work on 😕

But speaking of live, I played my weekly tournament last night for the first time in a couple weeks. I was able to implement more 3bet strategies from postition, squeezing, had to 3 barrel once which I really don't like to do. The first table I was at was pissed at me!!! Especially since I would never show my cards. Stacked a couple people who started playing back but picked bad spots to do so. One guy even came back and sat behind me so he could see what cards I was playing. I had stacked him with a Q high straight. The only real hand I had all night. He just kept saying, "Man some nights you just get all the cards!" I wasn't getting shit!

I had a lot of fun last night because I was definitely more active at the table and instead of feeling like I was leaking chips I was gaining. I got knocked out in 10th but that was from my own stupidity and because of my tell. Damn it!!

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what do you guys think? I really think this guy just decided that he was going to bluff and just went with it. He was goofy, and did make moves. He was pretty aggressive too w/ 61% over agg. He had 3-bet me a few times, once w/ 37s (by end of sesh his 3-bet was 8%). He over valued some hands as well. In my gut I really thought I should call and I was planning on just calling him down.

iPoker - $2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 98.5 BB (VPIP: 16.00, PFR: 14.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 52)
CO: 95 BB (VPIP: 22.58, PFR: 17.74, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 63)
BTN: 110 BB (VPIP: 25.49, PFR: 19.61, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
SB: 166.23 BB (VPIP: 35.79, PFR: 23.16, 3Bet Preflop: 2.78, Hands: 95)
Hero (BB): 200.1 BB
UTG: 191.53 BB (VPIP: 39.36, PFR: 8.51, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 95)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A<font color='red'>♥</font> K<font color='red'>♦</font>

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, UTG raises to 12.5 BB, Hero calls 8.5 BB

Flop: (25.5 BB, 2 players) 4<font color='black'>♠</font> A<font color='red'>♦</font> 6<font color='red'>♥</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets 12.75 BB, Hero calls 12.75 BB

Turn: (51 BB, 2 players) 7<font color='black'>♠</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets 25.5 BB, Hero calls 25.5 BB

River: (102 BB, 2 players) Q<font color='red'>♥</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets 102 BB, fold

UTG wins 201 BB
i

Can I ask why you didn't 4bet pre with AKo? And would you have 4bet if it was suited? If they were over aggressive then wouldn't they potentially shove a lot wider? AK would be ahead of pretty much their entire range except maybe the top 2%

What was their UTG opening range?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40 K hands 22 Leaks 30 Potential
Critical 3, Very Important 1, Important 7
Somewhat Important 11, Needs Attention 30

You mentioned aggression need increasing alittle but are 2 of the critical leaks aggressive, i.e. Triple barrelling and Bluffing River.
Also on Step 3 positional stats I have A- for every position and the Button and SB says my turn aggression is too high

Yeah, I noticed that your river agg% was pretty high. It's out of proportion. But your overall agg is low, so it seems like you're just picking the wrong spots to be aggressive too often, and not being aggressive in the right spots, which seems to be consistent with a lot of your hands.
BB says - Currently your Turn Aggression is a bit too high from the big blind. You should consider double barrelling slightly less and looking to check call and fold a little more often.

I think the big culprit is when you go into c/c down mode. This is eating your agg away, and you're probably committing too often and get pot stuck when you do decide to triple. Both of those can even out to low aggression, and it really should be called mis-timed aggression.

You can fix this but just taking charge of your weaker hands more often. Don't c/c hoping that passive opponents are bluffing. Bet or c/f. Then, don't bluff these same kinds of people who can't fold. Outside of semi-bluffs or high equity bluffs (gutter and 2 over spots), don't bluff for now. Focus on quality hands, and be more decisive w/ your lines.

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John would you mind putting the link up for the hit man hud? I don't have it.

Thanks!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't like the fold on the end tbh. The Q looks like a pretty good blank unless he has exactly AQ but its fewer combo's with our blocker. If he's aggressive then he's doing pretty much what was expected by potting the river. I'd have been more worried by a check!
Personally I'd have continued to pump it pre flop. We can't be afraid AK is behind his range preflop so lets get some money in pre. With that flop we could really pressure him and take control of the hand.
So really all we can be afraid of is small sets and 2 pair combo's but does he limp raise with Ax small, a small pair or any of the two pair combo's out there....not very often Imo. I think you levelled yourself into thinking he could have something when in reality his stats are saying he's just an aggressive fish. Your gut was right but you didn't execute on the end. Maybe you didn't want to be seen to lose to a fish huh..
Also this looks like a suitable spot for a small turn raise with your slight +ev hand if you wanted to see a cheaper river but this doesn't fit with the plan of calling him down. One or the other was required methinks.

Yeah, I agree minus I don't like 4-betting pre. I'm oop 200bbs deep, and I don't want to get into a flipping war or worse w/ this guy. I thought I'd be able to out play him oop, but apparently not. lol I mean the board can't get much better for my plan. When he 3-bet me in sb/bb I called with AT, spiked an ace and he doubled with 37s no equity, and then gave up on the river. He also bet bigger on the flop and turn in those hands. So I thought he probably had something here, a weaker A maybe, but wasn't expecting the pot sized bet. Especially since I just caught him somewhat recently in a similar bluff, and his sizing was different. I just couldn't decide if this guy would bluff off $300 or not. I timed out and folded, but the hand haunted me. :) I honestly still can't decide.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry just seen you were oop ignore the turn raise suggestion then.
You said you intended to call him down, how much would you have called then?

When I checked, I thought up to 75% I'm snap calling. I wasn't expecting for him to pot it. I mean AK I expect a smaller bet, AJ and below. Only thing that makes sense is AA or AQ, or he donked around with 67 and got lucky. I think he's over shoving AQ though so I dunno. I fully expect to see a bluff a good amount, but is it more than 33%, i still don't know.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i

Can I ask why you didn't 4bet pre with AKo? And would you have 4bet if it was suited? If they were over aggressive then wouldn't they potentially shove a lot wider? AK would be ahead of pretty much their entire range except maybe the top 2%

What was their UTG opening range?

I'm OOP and we're ~200bbs deep. If I 4-bet and he 5-bets I have to fold. I'd prefer to keep his bluffing range in. I didn't think I'd have much difficulty playing him OOP. Apparently I was wrong. lol

He didn't open. He limp, donk 3 bet.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure which Leakbuster stats are best to post so including General stats

Yeah the main thing that stands out for me is you're not folding enough earlier in hands when you should be. You're calling down, and then calling on the river and losing. Thus your w$sd is low, your river call efficiency is low, and one of your top leaks is c/cing 3 streets. Work on ways of eliminating that leak, and the rest of your game is good enough to be doing well.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the main thing that stands out for me is you're not folding enough earlier in hands when you should be. You're calling down, and then calling on the river and losing. Thus your w$sd is low, your river call efficiency is low, and one of your top leaks is c/cing 3 streets. Work on ways of eliminating that leak, and the rest of your game is good enough to be doing well.
OK thanks.

From the HUD which stats are best to give an idea of whether they have something or not and ranges.

i.e. on ideal ranges for AG% 31.8 - 41.6 is it better to fold ones nearer or less thna 32 and call more aggressive players i.e. 40+.

Also which other one is good to use is it WTSD% i.e. when over 30%

PS is WWSF% in HEM2 the same as W$WSF in leakbuster
and WOnSD% in HEM2 same as W$SD% in leakbuster

Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has the leakbuster HUD been updated as only the 1st 3 ranges can be used in pokerstars.

No. I'm not sure I'm planning to just for PS. I kind of hope another company can step in for another site, and actually do a good job and PS can flame out. :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is this group on Skype?

Yes... I know the guys were yesterday. They called me too late.

Fyi guys... My time has shifted earlier because of daylight savings time. So my 1:30pm is now 2:30pm when you call me. :)

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I'm not sure I'm planning to just for PS. I kind of hope another company can step in for another site, and actually do a good job and PS can flame out. :)
I actualy downloaded and reinstalled the LB hud from within Leakbster and the actual colours and ranges have changed.

A few examples from old and new below. At first I thought it might have mixed it up and was showing Full ring stats instead of 6Max for PFR as its less than 14 (used to be less than 19). When I checked Fullring its less than 12.

Do you know if we should be better using the old stats or newer ones and also as only 1st 3 ranges are shown I noticed at the top where it says ON do we need to turn that off.

Attachments

• statsold.jpg
    statsold.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 60
  • stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 60
Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rhom, you can adjust the numbers and colours yourself.....to whatever you want them to be....

Ok so i thought Id give 5nl zoom a quick go just to show you how to crush it...
10th hand

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $5.55 (111 bb)
BB: $6.93 (138.6 bb)
UTG: $3.48 (69.6 bb)
Hero (MP): $5.05 (101 bb)
CO: $5 (100 bb)
BTN: $6.59 (131.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif

UTG raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.37, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.95, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.58

Flop: ($2.05) A
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.98, SB calls $0.98

Turn: ($4.01) 2
spade4.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3.12 and is all-in, SB calls $3.12

River: ($10.25) 7