Poker Patience

P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
What was the longest time you didn‘t play a hand on a table at a no limit cashgame ?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really remember, but probably not more than a couple of minutes. At least I try to steal blinds when I'm in position. In tournaments I've already stay 30 minutes without playing any hand.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm not really a great lantern player, I'm more of a semi-bluff.
I wait for my best hand with a lot of patience.
The times I win the most, I'm not very interested in having a lot of hands without playing. In that course I see a lot of how my opponents play, and then let's see where I can act with a bluff if the cards don't answer me.
Sometimes I have spent tournaments playing with a lot of junk hands that I have taken advantage of. And sometimes I've spent maybe an entire hour until a break without playing a hand.
For me, what you're asking is very relative.
Nor do I want others to play like me, that everyone plays the game that pays them the most.
Greetings friend;);););) :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was the longest time you didn‘t play a hand on a table at a no limit cashgame ?
Hours.

I have even made deals with myself to play at tables with good players and be patient patient patient.

I interrogate myself - why am I at that table? To play a lot, to win a lot or to lose as little as possible?

It is up to you.

Good luck !

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play fast fold as I cannot stand waiting for a decent hand to play. Poker is pretty boring at times :(

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I'm not one to wait for premium hands to play. It is common for everyone to run or take a Bad Beat. I prefer to play in position and try medium hands as well.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I had once interrupted a whole year, later I still returned to poker.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lately, I prefer tournaments. But probably my longest cash game lasted about 5-6 hours. My longest tournament lasted about 7-8 hours.