PLO8 Juicy 1/2 game

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Asking what you would do in this spot. I am big blind at its straddled on the button. The small blind calls and I have A2s QKos and I call , middle position pots it and the button straddle re-pots it the small blind calls. Seem like a standard call but ....what would you do ?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That seems like an awful lot of BBs to be putting in the pot. I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did fold

That seems like an awful lot of BBs to be putting in the pot. I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.[/QUOTE

I did fold this time! It's a crazy plo8 game with several players who play any 4 cards pre and try to build big pots pre-flop pots. Just winning 5 bigs pots a night is highly profitable so I pick my spots wisly. Thanks for your input !

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That seems like an awful lot of BBs to be putting in the pot. I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.

I am extremely new to PLO8, so keep this in mind.

I'm finding a call here. Seems like a great broadway draw and what is likely to be the nuts on any board that presents a possible low. Especially against crazy loose players, it seems to me like a great opportunity to get a very strong high hand, and possibly chop a large multi-way pot with the nit low.

What would you consider a better spot to be? Seems like a great one to me.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am extremely new to PLO8, so keep this in mind.

I'm finding a call here. Seems like a great broadway draw and what is likely to be the nuts on any board that presents a possible low. Especially against crazy loose players, it seems to me like a great opportunity to get a very strong high hand, and possibly chop a large multi-way pot with the nit low.

What would you consider a better spot to be? Seems like a great one to me.
A better spot would be when you're holding the double nuts on the river. A call here could easily be even money, so why put a huge portion of your stack in. I wouldn't fault anyone for calling, but some people would try to play poker more and gamble less.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you definitely made the right decision to fold. that wouldn't be a good call at all.
I probably would've only called with AA or KK double suited for that. just too much can beat ya

Top 10 Games