PLO

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO lovers hos you play 27s,48s preflop?? How kuch are you ready to risk with those smole double suited hands?? I mean this one is only example..

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO lovers hos you play 27s,48s preflop?? How kuch are you ready to risk with those smole double suited hands?? I mean this one is only example..

Thank U 4 Posting.

Being aggressive in PLO has nothing to do with calling or raising weak ev hands preflop. equity REALIZATION in PLO is more important than raw preflop equity so we do not play hands that we will win small pots but lose big pots more often over time. We may run well for some short period of time hitting these hands but it is not a long term + strategy to play potentially dominated: flush draw -straight draw- two pair and set type of hands post flop.

Hope this helps
:):)

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a good hand. Easy to be dominated by higher flush There is straight potential. Even HU PLO when range of hands open it’s still a Marginal hand

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I most likely just fold this type of hand pre in most cases. If you hit your flush or straight with these hands there is a high chance you just run into a higher straight or better flush. So unless you are hitting a straight flush which is rare then you are likely to be beat. In PLO we want to be betting to the nuts as much as possible and these hands just dont get there often enough and when they do are usually beat anyway.

Just fold it pre imo.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am playing PLO and I have a strong hand, I am always aggressive to avoid the villain paying cheap to improve the hand, due to the number of cards the possibilities are much greater than in holdem, and players will risk more, because of this it is common to have a greater variance, at least within the limits of the game I played.

And when I have a hand with some chance of getting strong and I can call cheap to see the flop I usually call, and depending on the board and the attitude of the other players I can try to take the opportunity to bluff.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would automaticaly fold unless I'm the SB or BB .

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, that hand is hot garbage and should not be considered remotely playable. You want high double suited pairs, or a pocket pair with a high suited connector (AdAsJsTs for example is one of the strongest hands you can start with). There's tens of thousands of possible starting hands, so it's unlikely you'll often have anything in the top 30 to play with, so you're generally looking for hands that have cards likely to make the nuts if the flop is gracious to us, and/or how well can the hand possibly draw into the winning hand. Big pots in this game are won by players in pots with players who have great hands that happen to be the 2nd or 3rd best, which is a lot more common than in NLHE. Being patient and selective is key if you want to take down huge pots.