B

beazer76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KH
Chips
Hi
This might sound like a silly question but I am a new player.
I deleted the names but I am hero here with Pocket Kings in Highjack Position.
My opponent Villian ( Vpip 30 PFR 20) had two pair and I only had one pair of KK yet I won the pot.
So how does it work out that a one pair beats a two pair?
is this because Pocket Kings are a higher card value than both JACK and a NINE card.
So then pocket Aces would have won the pot here also?
Villian made his two pair on the river with a river card of JACK.
grateful for any help. beazer.

Attachments

• pocketkingsheroinMPvsBigblindvillian.png
    pocketkingsheroinMPvsBigblindvillian.png
    633.6 KB · Views: 24
Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
This might sound like a silly question but I am a new player.
I deleted the names but I am hero here with Pocket Kings in Highjack Position.
My opponent Villian ( Vpip 30 PFR 20) had two pair and I only had one pair of KK yet I won the pot.
So how does it work out that a one pair beats a two pair?
is this because Pocket Kings are a higher card value than both JACK and a NINE card.
So then pocket Aces would have won the pot here also?
Villian made his two pair on the river with a river card of JACK.
grateful for any help. beazer.
You had two pairs. Your pair of pocket kings and also your pair on the table, a pair of eights :)
Take a look at our free course, it will help you improve your game and your skills :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you won the pot because you have a pair of kings+ there are a pair of eights on the table, so you have two pairs of king and eight your opponent has nine and a jack

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if you are kidding around here, you have a 24 stat HUD and can't read your hand yet?:unsure:

Everything said above is correct, you need to make the best five card hand you can using 0, 1 or 2 of your hole cards and the rest from the board.
So you have KK 88 A, opponent has JJ 99 A, the highest of the two pairs decides then winner.

If your opponent had got AA then his hand would be AAA 88, or if he had a single Ace like A2: AA 88 J ( notice that the best hand he can make uses just one of his hole cards) - both beat your KK 88

My suggestion is you turn off your HUD until you have got reading the board, your hand, what the nuts and effective nuts on a board is down pat, it's just extra "noise" for you to deal with that you are not ready for yet. Concentrate on your hand and then what opponents showdown with. I don't need a HUD to tell me this guy is either loose-passive (if he limped called pre), bad loose-aggressive (if he raised/called your re-raise with J9o) or a maniac whale if all the chips went in pre.

B

beazer76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KH
Chips
ok , big thank you to ((( all ))) who replied.

yes, thanks again , appreciate all the help.