Playing top pair multiway OOP on Monotone.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologies in advance for the lack of proper hand history since microgaming does not have instant hand history downloads anymore (and it takes 3 days to get them emailed).

This hand was played at NL2. I was either in MP or UTG (or maybe even BB).

No solid reads on players as this was early into the round except for the villain of interest on the button was a rec.

I raised pre with a suited Ace hand and got 2 callers (or I iso raised a limp from BB, I forget).

I hit an ace on the flop but it was Monotone and not a suit that completes a flush for me.

What's the right way to play this?

I called on the flop because I got the sense that villain on the button took a lot of stabs at the pot in the past few hands. The turn was another ace and I continued just calling.

Should I have given up on the second bet? Villain flopped a flush if anyone is wondering.

Villain 2 folded to button's raise btw.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are missing important details, such as the position you had on the table and how you started your hand. Although it seems little this is key to be able to analyze your hand in depth. Try not to forget these details for next time.
Greetings.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are missing important details, such as the position you had on the table and how you started your hand. Although it seems little this is key to be able to analyze your hand in depth. Try not to forget these details for next time.
Greetings.

Open raised either from MP or UTG. I think I mentioned that.

I did not forget to include them. Please read my first paragraph for why these details were omitted. I'm OOP so just general guidelines for monotone flops OOP would be more than enough help :)

I will ask for my hand histories to be sent by micro-gaming but finding that hand will be a total hassle. I'm honestly quite pissed at their system of having to request an email with personal hand histories.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open raised either from MP or UTG. I think I mentioned that.

I did not forget to include them. Please read my first paragraph for why these details were omitted. I'm OOP so just general guidelines for monotone flops OOP would be more than enough help :)

I will ask for my hand histories to be sent by micro-gaming but finding that hand will be a total hassle. I'm honestly quite pissed at their system of having to request an email with personal hand histories.

This type of flops is played by performing defensive sequences. Check-call (x / c) and if continuous bets are large, check-fold (x / f) can also be played.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of flops is played by performing defensive sequences. Check-call (x / c) and if continuous bets are large, check-fold (x / f) can also be played.
Thanks Gustav [emoji4], much appreciated. What bet size would you consider big on the turn in that regard?