Playing 10-10 on the button faces BB raise?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st to open pot on the button, you ha e 10-10 and face raise from bb. Do you like to re raise or call in this spot?

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what situation you are in. If you are short, its a shove.

Otherwise you have to guage what you think the other guy is doing. Reraising from the BB seems a bit polarizing to me. He may have you beat bad with JJ, QQ, KK, or AA. However, you could be racing with AK, AQ etc.

Obviously, if you have a read on the guy on the BB that would help. Also, knowing what your image is. Is BB trying to squeeze because you have been stealing alot?

Calling is ok but only b/c you will be in position and can represent lots of hands.

I do think that folding is actually an option depending on pot odds and reads. Like I said before, unless he is just restealing with air you will at best be racing so if early in a tourney or something like that i think folding is ok as there will be better spots instead of gambling.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games or with deep stacks in tournaments I just call and take a flop in position with a hand, that can flop a set and also has a decent amount of showdown value, even when it dont. Short stacked in tournaments, its typically going to be a 4-bet and get it in spot. Maybe I can find a fold, if its a big ICM-spot, and the 3-better has been playing very nitty.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in this situation make a 4 bet I have 10-10 without being a premium hand it is a good hand I would only call if I have information about the opponent that indicates that he is a very tight player but I, in that case, I make a 4 bet

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st to open pot on the button, you ha e 10-10 and face raise from bb. Do you like to re raise or call in this spot?

It depends on the player you play with (if he is a tight player or not) and the card you are holding.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the posts, I elected to call, didn’t have a read, sometimes will raise, trying to avoid the gamble as much as possible, if he shows prob would call it off, maybe make a snug fold....Board was 3793A he bet hard all 3 streets...Folded river idk...maybe AK,AA or set of 7 or 9 showed a lot of confidants in his bets....

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem fine to me. Even though this was a fairly good flop for us, this is not a spot to go crazy. If he has, what he is representing as the preflop 3-better, he has a better overpair, and all the low cards on the board are just bricks. So we definitely have to just call and keep his range as wide as possible. And that river card was just a killer. In the rare case, he was bluffing us on the turn, he probably just got there. Not much we even beat now from his 3-betting range other than the rare KQs etc. type hand.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seem fine to me. Even though this was a fairly good flop for us, this is not a spot to go crazy. If he has, what he is representing as the preflop 3-better, he has a better overpair, and all the low cards on the board are just bricks. So we definitely have to just call and keep his range as wide as possible. And that river card was just a killer. In the rare case, he was bluffing us on the turn, he probably just got there. Not much we even beat now from his 3-betting range other than the rare KQs etc. type hand.

When he makes that bet on river he has set of Aces or got there with Ax that he was bluffing with on the flop and turn, rare KQ and KJ bluff, at 50nl I doubt that any players have balls to make that bluff. Great response.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on your stack, your opponent's stack and the information you have about that player. generally in the best case you will play a flip if you do carpet. difficult to answer this question with so little information on this spot.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Either a call or a reraise would be good in this spot.

You have position with a strong hand so it is ok to just call.

It also depends on the history from the BB. If the BB has been playing tight then they have a big A or a pair - and that pair could be below TT.

If the player has been playing loose then they have any two cards. And why motivate them to fold?

Good luck !

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 10-10. Hi vax1op, without any read I think it is a Call 70% and a Raise 30%, however if shorter stack I would shove more frecuently. Of course I am assuming the 3bettor is a decent player with a balanced range.
Hope this helps.