Play it loose

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings fellow pokerplayers,

Is it true that you should play your hand a little bit looser when playing cashgame and tighter when playing tournament?

What do you guys think about it?

Thank you fellow pokerplayers

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Next question

When playing loose, should we be more aggressive or more passive? I really see myself playing so loose lately, because I think this is the best way to put pressure on my opponents. Is that strategy ok or should I adjust something?

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About SPR:
SPR is the size of the effective stacks divided by the size of the pot. For example, if
you have 2,000 chips and your opponent has 1,500 chips, size
the effective stack is 1500 chips. If the pot is 750 chips, SPR
will be 1500/750 = 2.SPR is an expression of the ratio of risk and reward in poker, since the size of the effective
stack is the number of chips that you risk in the pot, and the pot is
The SPR is one of the most important factors in helping us make our postflop decisions. The lower the SPR, the less risk we take, so we can play with weaker hands. The higher the SPR, the higher the risk; accordingly, you will need to play for the entire stack with strong hands. Cash is a little different.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tight

Th:jd4::angel:e tournament being long 8h probable, or if it is a longer tournament than 3 days, you will never want to leave at the beginning of the tournament, this makes you a slow player but with the right strategy

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, it always depends on position in tournament and your stacks

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight in tournaments doesn't always work. A good card may just not come in. Opponents will immediately understand that you enter the game only with high cards and therefore play predictably. This does not mean that you have to play in the mud. )) The main thing is not to miss your chance to enter the trade, this also applies to cash games.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight in tournaments doesn't always work. A good card may just not come in. Opponents will immediately understand that you enter the game only with high cards and therefore play predictably. This does not mean that you have to play in the mud. )) The main thing is not to miss your chance to enter the trade, this also applies to cash games.
Exactly! It's uncanny how a few good hands at the beginning put you in the top 5% then you get nothing for 2 - 3 hours.

The loose and lucky players seem to rule most of the time. Being loose is easy. Being lucky is illusive to me.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play loose at the beginning sometimes. Then when I get lucky once or twice, I am more cautious.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iplay both tide ,but you have right in moneygame you can win more when you play alittle looser in tournements you had to play more looser when you have not so many chips or when you have ver much chips

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I tend to be more conservative at the beginning and the time goes by I loosen up more!

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always playing tight

So if I do understand what you are saying, your game must depend on the dynamic of the table. If the opponent is tight then I can put pressure on him/her by playing aggressive, if the oppenent is loose then I might play it slow.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The difference between cash games and tournaments is obvious. I completely agree with you, I also follow this strategy and have quite good results.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! You are right to play looser and more aggressively in cash than in tournaments. In tournaments there is time to build up the stack, in the cash your time is at the same level, the blinds do not grow, so it is advisable to play more aggressively and loosely.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Conform your play to beat the players at your table. I play different at each table. I limp some, all in some, and pot raises some.