Paying to see someone's hand in live poker

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suppose you're playing live poker, you've just successfully pulled off a huge bluff and the villain immediately says to you "I'll pay you $x to see your hand".

How much should you charge the villain to flip over your hole cards and show your hand?

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how often you play with other guys at the table and how your usual game is, if your planning on switching gears, a bunch of stuff really.

Doubtful someone will really offer you more than a couple blinds though.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been offered 5bb ($10 at 1/2) to show my cards sometimes after a huge pot. Sometimes I will pay to see someone else's cards too, particularly if it was a huge pot and I couldn't tell if they were making a fancy play with pure air, semi-bluffing with a draw, or had a genuinely strong hand. I feel that it's sometimes beneficial - especially for new players who want to see how the regs play - to pay to see someone's hole cards and then review the whole hand and try to understand why they did what they did.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a 1/2 game I'd probably take the money every time. I doubt there are many (any?) players that can properly use the information anyway.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Takes away the whole reason we play in the first place.

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Sandbag, they are almost all horrible

D

datrolld20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How much would I charge them...

A reach-around and curly fries.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a decent offer, say 10+ BBs, I'll show. If it's a small offer, like 5BBs, I might say something like "You can pick one card. Double it and you can see both."

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands