Passive play.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
So I have tried few thing statergie wise in online cash 6max but nothing really worked. Then I tried playing HU and something worked.
Now what worked was I played passive like even with AA I just flat call. And on boards like K72 people paid me alot with Kx type hands just a example or let's save Q33 and I have KK I flat and someone KQ or QJ went agr. Something like this.
Now I'm thinking about doing this in cash game 6 max or 9 max but not sure if this will work and wanting to know if anyone ever tried this. I know I should raise with QQ kk AA but everything can u play all ur range just flat call. Just so people dnt know what u have. Maybe a monster or maybe nothing.
So far I have used a TAG play and I been very unliky people get lucky alot. I dnt know anyone else have any idea here. Thanks

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion passive play is not going to do you any good. Failure to raise when you are ahead is a mistake pretty much everyone in the poker field agrees about.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion passive play is not going to do you any good. Failure to raise when you are ahead is a mistake pretty much everyone in the poker field agrees about.
Any best books for cash poker training you can recommend?

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read The theory of poker, by David Sklansky and in my opinion it is an excellent comprehensive poker book. However, I am a purely recreational player and I did not incorporate into my game much of the poker strategy from the book, for the simple reason that my goal is to have fun during play and not long term results or profitability.

There are many members on the forum who are way more qualified for recommending good poker books or offering strategy advice, and I'm sure they will not hesitate to post in your thread.

Good luck in everything you do!

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pasive play will cost you a lot at the end. And so bad hands can beat you.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are plus and minus of passive play, of course you can play the distance with minimal risk,but there is a risk of just a fiasco against a player who catches the NATs on the flop, in General, you can very expensive to do it!

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive play will lose. You don't need to bluff alot but you need to bet for value. There are times when you need to slow play, betting value is almost always correct.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Passive play is good against aggressive opponents. You mask your hand so much that the opponent will give all the chips. It is enough to get a powerful hand on the flop and wait for him to catch something.