Overbetting the turn

P

pokernun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played online cash in years. I'm noticing that TAGs are sometimes overbetting the turn when my range is capped. Is this the latest thing to do? Are the TAGs bluffing?

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as they always say, they always have it when you called, and the moment you did not call, they will show you an absurd bluff

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played online cash in years. I'm noticing that TAGs are sometimes overbetting the turn when my range is capped. Is this the latest thing to do? Are the TAGs bluffing?

Mix of bluff and value bets probably close to the theoretically correct ratio. Overbetting turn vs a capped range with a nut advantage (more sets, straights, etc. in their range) is based on GTO strategy.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pretty effective for getting paid off or stopping people chasing draws, semi made hands - as someone above me said - its based off GTO however it has a lot of functionality to exploit more passive players

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
you need to check his statistic or simply watch his play and make notes.

if he is to agressive is to going to bluff and nuts mixing, so need to call him with two pairs at least in my opinion but not in every situations at all

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAGS bluffing, it happens. But not frequented, so it will depend on what is on the table, flop, turn and river. varies a lot...

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100 agree this is GTO play. They want to make it expensive for people to draw, which diminishes the calling players odds and makes laying down 'easier'.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments in early blind levels I will over bet the turn if I hit a strong hand such as a set or nut flush trying to induce a raise. Since rebuys are always an option for your opponent they might shove on you. Hopefully they have a lower flush or top pair good kicker or even two pair.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. In a single raised pot, go for a depolarized small bet on the flop followed by an aggressive overbet on Turn if you check call the flop and play a capped range.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've noticed that too, especially on 888 poker and usually they are bluffing. I also keep an eye on the reaction time. Often they bet very fast without even taking one second to think. When that happens, I am almost certain they are bluffing and I am right most of the time. Of course, sometimes I might catch a bad beat, but on average, I am winning.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overbetting is done mostly in SRP to build the pot when the ranges are wide and if villain thinks your range is capped.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars