Omaha High variant

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My local card room room offers a different Omaha game that changes with not the button but with the dealer. Omaha Hi, Double Board and Straight Omaha. I imagine that Straight Omaha means you need at least a straight to qualify. But I've never played Double Board Omaha-so how does that game work? And are there Youtube videos about it? I've not located any.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This video has some double board feature. Double board is super simple. You have to win both boards of 5 cards to win the full pot. Win 1 board win half.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rGPlZ4sz0

This video has some double board feature. Double board is super simple. You have to win both boards of 5 cards to win the full pot. Win 1 board win half.

Well thanx. But my concern is how many big blinds would you need to play this game at the the $75-$150 limit level? Provided you don't suck at Omaha and you wanted to play professionally.:heeeellll

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well thanx. But my concern is how many big blinds would you need to play this game at the the $75-$150 limit level? Provided you don't suck at Omaha and you wanted to play professionally.:heeeellll
I treat it with the same BB level buyin as I would for Omaha HILOW and really most buy ins I want to buy in for 100bb and have 3-5rebuys available.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I treat it with the same BB level buyin as I would for Omaha HILOW and really most buy ins I want to buy in for 100bb and have 3-5rebuys available.

What if the rules only allow a buy in of just 5 BBs? And at this point, I don't know the rake of this game.

B

Bakariil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I somehow do not special for Yamaha