Older Threads/videos that may have been retired?

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long time member here who has been absent for quite some time.
I'm looking for some old stickied/gold threads from like 2007-2009ish. I know thats a long time ago, but I have a friend who is looking to potentially get serious about learning the game, and these posts I found here were the absolute backbone to explain some basic fundamentals about HUDs, stats, what to expect from the people with those stats etc. It gave a basic idea as to how to interpret them etc. I've checked under beginners area, but I'm not seeing what I was looking for. And the idea that posts from 2007 would still be sticky'd is probably asking a lot haha.
Also, there used to be a spot for videos/sweat sessions that people would post on micro stakes...do you guys think it'd be easier to just search for this type of stuff on youtube at this point, or do you think these things might still be here?

Also, I've gone under my user CP and found some older threads I was a part of, but I don't think I subscribed/commented under ones I'm looking for. Some of these videos/posts I think were made by ChuckT's or Chuckts...something like that

TLDR; the forum has changed and I can't seem to navigate/find the old extremely useful posts that helped me build a foundation for actually learning/beating micro stakes poker. Yes, I've done the searches on google and this site.

Thanks,

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm not sure how to get any possibly archived content. But here's something... the game has changed since then, for certain. I would say the modern content on youtube is definitely a good place to start. Also, a lot of players stream their sessions now. Those can be useful.

Anyway, I'd avoid any possibly dated information. When I do my research, anything older than a year starts to become questionable, in my opinion. The fundamentals and beyond are easily found using Google (sometimes searches lead right to CC).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm - works for me. Can someone else try it?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Last edited:
C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It must be using some local browser info or cookies or something. I can search for his posts myself and I am able to find them but if I click on anyone else's link it comes up empty.

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm not sure how to get any possibly archived content. But here's something... the game has changed since then, for certain. I would say the modern content on youtube is definitely a good place to start. Also, a lot of players stream their sessions now. Those can be useful.

Anyway, I'd avoid any possibly dated information. When I do my research, anything older than a year starts to become questionable, in my opinion. The fundamentals and beyond are easily found using Google (sometimes searches lead right to CC).

I'm not 100% it was a ChuckT's sticky. But this also gave basic bankroll management rules of 20 buy ins, explained a lot of basics of positional play, how to properly raise/steal (rule of 3+1 per limper), setting up a hud and how to read it etc. Although it is dated, it's fundamentally still viable in my mind at an extremely beginner level. I'm sure it doesn't apply to a lot of online play anymore as most of the player pools in the US are veteran regs, but I think most of the fundamentals are still viable. Honestly, I'm really just looking for extremely beginner literature that isn't too dumbed down. Stuff I've actually gone through and can say, yes, this dude is correct and not a waste of time to read. I don't want to spend 15 minutes watching a video on youtube and have nothing really come out of it. It was one of the best beginner information posts I've ever read. I came here in 2008 for the memeber only private freerolls, and this was the literature that caused me to realize how terrible I actually was at the time, which ultimately caused me to stay...

H

Hearmeroar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also a long time member who had been absent for a long time. I had just gotten properly rolled for 10nl from starting with free rolls and was taking shots at 25nl when black Friday happened and was forced to basically give up most of my ambitions.

There were plenty of members from pre-black Friday that provided a wealth of knowledge. Some of the advice from them is a little dated now but if you have some prior knowledge you should be able to parse through some of the strategies that are no longer viable with the game today.

Several members I remember and have been stalking their old posts lately are (in no particular order):

ChuckTs, zachvac, c9h13no3, belgosuisse, icemonkey9

Those are just a few from the top of my head. You can use the advanced search option to find posts and threads from those guys. I know ChuckTs and icemonkey9 had some videos at one point but I believe the links are dead now. Both threads started by them as well replies to the many hand analysis have been very helpful to me personally.

C9 had a cash game required reading thread that was pretty good as well with links to various strategies and theories that would be worth checking out.

Chuck had a few threads that were tremendously useful to me before. I'm not sure exactly what they were titled but there was a micro guide, why are we betting, and an application of HUD stats.

Zach had a milestone post that i remember to be very beneficial also.

I would do some more searching but I'm on mobile at the moment so it's a little too much but those are some people that helped me.