The No-Mistake Session

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a replayer, yeah, much like FT's hand reviewer. I know that HEM has a 5,000 hand free trial; perhaps PT has something similar? That way you wouldn't have to purchase it to use it.

I think there are replayers available online that you can use, too. Google "poker hand replayer" and you should be able to find something that imports and displays whole sessions.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to go with "yes." Why not. If nothing else, the intermittent descriptions of rainbows and clowns playing Bach in the threads posted should make things amusing.

Bach? My acid clowns usually play King Crimson.

I will try this when my work lets up enough.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bach? My acid clowns usually play King Crimson.

I will try this when my work lets up enough.
My clowns always seemed to be doing some Alice Cooper song, but I think my acid was produced in Detroit......

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answer. I review my HH from the folder, but it can be tedious, and would be nice to have a short cut. In FPs post he says replay your hands, it sounded like you could import your game and have the hands replay. Forgive me if I am being naive, as I have never had any kind of software, and have NO idea how it works in the finer points. I was imagining something like a Full Tilt last hand viewer (as I said, I have no idea:), but even having an easier to read HH would be nice.

Try this

http://www.universal-replayer.net/

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kept careful track of my mistakes last session.

1) I made up my mind I was going to bluff a pot on the flop and tried to buy it from a guy who flat-called me on flop and turn and clearly had a hand he was happy with. No reasonable bluff card came on the turn or river.

2) Flopped two pair with A6, got called. Turn came J, I led out and got re-raised all in. At the microstakes, the reraise all-in is JJ or AJ 115% of the time, but I hurried up and called anyway because dangit, I flopped two pair, this is my pot!

3) Expanded my range leading out pre-flop with 97s UTG in 6-max. Small mistake, but need to stay disciplined.

4) This one is hilarious. T9s, on the button. I click the bar to slide out a 3bb raise, realize someone else already raised 4.5bb, tried to hit fold, misclicked into a min-reraise. Raiser just calls. Flop comes 678 with the 78 matching my suit, giving me the nut straight and a straight flush draw. bet, re-raise, all-in, I stack AA (even hit the flush on the turn, even though I didn't need it).

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kept careful track of my mistakes last session.

1) I made up my mind I was going to bluff a pot on the flop and tried to buy it from a guy who flat-called me on flop and turn and clearly had a hand he was happy with. No reasonable bluff card came on the turn or river.
I know the feeling.

2) Flopped two pair with A6, got called. Turn came J, I led out and got re-raised all in. At the microstakes, the reraise all-in is JJ or AJ 115% of the time, but I hurried up and called anyway because dangit, I flopped two pair, this is my pot!
Like I leaned over and whispered to ChuckTs when we were playing live in Vegas and this older guy just stacked my AA with JTo on a T-T-x-x-x board of some kind, "I don't like him enough to fold."

3) Expanded my range leading out pre-flop with 97s UTG in 6-max. Small mistake, but need to stay disciplined.
That's quite in the spirit of this thread.

4) This one is hilarious. T9s, on the button. I click the bar to slide out a 3bb raise, realize someone else already raised 4.5bb, tried to hit fold, misclicked into a min-reraise. Raiser just calls. Flop comes 678 with the 78 matching my suit, giving me the nut straight and a straight flush draw. bet, re-raise, all-in, I stack AA (even hit the flush on the turn, even though I didn't need it).
Love it!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished a seasion earlier. Here are the mistakes I noticed

Triple barreld a OESD+bottom pair and shoved river vs nitty reg.
He allways has a hand and he is folding so litle I never make a profit by bluff shoving.

Misclick call with 72o from the SB.
Pay better attention.

Stacked off with JJ on a 37Tss board vs a limp/caller that donked/3bet flop(marginal since I guess he can have 89/Tx/88-99 but i think he has a set/T7 way to much to be profitable).

Flatted 3bet with AKs OOP.
Self explanatory.

Slowplayed a set flop/turn against a unknown.
Self explanatory.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished a seasion earlier. Here are the mistakes I noticed

Triple barreld a OESD+bottom pair and shoved river vs nitty reg.
He allways has a hand and he is folding so litle I never make a profit by bluff shoving.

Misclick call with 72o from the SB.
Pay better attention.

Stacked off with JJ on a 37Tss board vs a limp/caller that donked/3bet flop(marginal since I guess he can have 89/Tx/88-99 but i think he has a set/T7 way to much to be profitable).

Flatted 3bet with AKs OOP.
Self explanatory.

Slowplayed a set flop/turn against a unknown.
Self explanatory.
What was the cause of the mistakes?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was the cause of the mistakes?
1. I had such good equity on the flop with pair+open ender that I felt I "suposed" to win the pot.
Horrible mentality i know :(.

2.I was re-arranging tables and when I tried to move one another poped up and I clicked call.
Should probably have stacked them right before clicking postblinds.

3.Got into the line of thought "He limp/calls and donks so he has to suck alot there for im gonna stack him".
Didnt consider his range enough and basicly rage pushed on him.

4. Villain was kinda inbetween of the type of villain I stack of with AK against and the ones I fold to so I kinda got stuck in which I should do.
So I took the lowest ev line and called.
Im not sure if 4betting/calling or folding was better in that spot but im 100% sure ther both much better then calling.

5.Really dont know. I hardly ever slow play sets but I guess the fact that I had picked up the pot the last 3-4 times with a cbet when I had a set tilted me so I tried some thing else.
Probably some type of fancy play syndrom tilt?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wtf, FP told us to make a new thread with our mistakes. Now all you guys are including them in this thread and I look like an attention whore :(

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wtf, FP told us to make a new thread with our mistakes. Now all you guys are including them in this thread and I look like an attention whore :(
You're a paying-attention whore, which isn't a bad thing.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FP,
I now have a good hand re-player (Thanx Kmixer) so I can start posting. Where should my mistake thread go, and should I link it here?

btw, I downloaded this and find it really good, if someone else need it, compliments of Kmixer. Free and easy
http://www.universal-replayer.net/

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this forum (Cash Games) would be just fine.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this forum (Cash Games) would be just fine.
I only play STT and MTT, but you wont hold that against me??
As far as I under stand, people make mistakes in these games too, Im not sure........:D

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play STT and MTT, but you wont hold that against me??
As far as I under stand, people make mistakes in these games too, Im not sure........:D
Then the tournament forum would probably be better :)

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love this idea. I always have trouble with figuring out when to end my sessions and this should be an excellent way. Just perusing this thread I realized 3-tabling is a huge mistake for me right now. Those "not enough time" mistakes have been happening FAR too much since I started 3 tables. I guess I was getting bored too often with only 2 tables and thought it was time for 3. Now I know I must focus on 2 tables until decisions come more quickly and easily (and I find myself bored most of the time instead of just some!) then add more.

I'm fairly critical of myself as I play, too. The 5 strikes limit might be too low for me! Probably not a good thing...but we'll see ;)

As for a hand: One from my last session I think was clearly a mistake.

I had 99 vs a maniac-ish player (30/20). He'd gone into true maniac mode and shoved 4 of the last 5 hands pre-flop. I called his 4bb open, flop is 234ss, he continues, i raise, he shoves and I call (shoved $11 total to my $2 flop raise). He shows AA and scoops.

I focused too much on the PF actions and recent shoving, didn't think of his normal flop behavior which was pretty tight. Lost $8 (80bb) more than necessary because I let the emotions of "spewy maniac!" cloud the full history of villain's play. And of course I had other options at other stages which might have been better too.