Nitty games

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys do when the game you are playing at feels too tight to be profitable? I have a place 10 minutes from me that seems to be so tight that nobody puts a chip in the pot unless they have a big hand. My next closest option is a two hour drive. Is there a way to beat a game like that, or should I just start making the drive to the better game?

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys do when the game you are playing at feels too tight to be profitable? I have a place 10 minutes from me that seems to be so tight that nobody puts a chip in the pot unless they have a big hand. My next closest option is a two hour drive. Is there a way to beat a game like that, or should I just start making the drive to the better game?

I read this in another thread earlier. Its not that you cant beat the players there its that you cant beat the rake...

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing worse than being stuck @ a nitty game - esp in a 1-2 game. Very hard to get your $ back

Honestly, I think making an hour extra drive is worth it all day for a better game.

I won't even play in games anymore if they are bad. Not worth it.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, in these games where everyone folds all the time, 3bet bluff all the time.

Just sit there and take blinds while they fold, eventually they will call you with too big to fold hands, and you will also flop gold. fold to most 4bets

Slider23

Slider23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have a table full of nits, you can not play like them or everyone at the table is just paying the rake.

Ed Miller did a couple chapters in his book "Playing the Player" on how to play against nits. Basically you need to be aggressive, steal and do not pay off big bets.

Top 10 Games