need a strategy!

redlad101

redlad101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started playing in a weekly pub tournament. EUR25 buy-in, EUR15 unlimited rebuy, and one EUR20 top-up. Starting chips and rebuy's are 2000 chips and the top-up is 5000. The blinds start at 25-50 and increase every 20 mins.
I've been trying different approaches and having no results. The players are very loose and will play almost any hands, even into heavy pre-flop raises. My strategy has been to play very tight and bet my good hands very strong. The problem is there are so many re-buys that by the break all these loose players have massive chip leads on me and I'm handicapped. Once there were 49 rebuys at a seven seater table, and I didn't re-buy!
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good strategy or approach for this type of tournament as I'm only playing poker 6 months and have run out of ideas.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you at least top up? If you don't or can't afford to you need to find a game with no rebuys.

redlad101

redlad101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always top up and limit myself to 2 re-buys. i think the main problem is the other players treat the game like a crap shoot, i'll probably find another game. it would be a great game for an expereienced player who could take advantage

D

dlweaver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no rebuys is the best bet if you dont have that much to rebuy 4-5 times in those. they are CRAZY sometimes and you have to be prepared for multiple bad beats