Min raising on flop.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seen a few players do this online, including preflop as well. What is the strategy behind this? What are your goals when doing this move?

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep in tournaments this turns into a standard raise, to keep pots small.

In other cases, books say the most powerful raise is the min raise. I'm normally wary.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just playing a SCOOP tournament. After level 6 almost all pre flop and flop opening bets were min raise or bets and a few 1/2 pot opening bets. Then on the turn would be some big bets.
This is second SCOOP tourney Ive played. Got knocked out of both at around 3200th place. So I have to find the leaks to make some improvements. Both times so close to the same spot really shows me where Im at. Consistent anyway.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just playing a SCOOP tournament. After level 6 almost all pre flop and flop opening bets were min raise or bets and a few 1/2 pot opening bets. Then on the turn would be some big bets.
This is second SCOOP tourney Ive played. Got knocked out of both at around 3200th place. So I have to find the leaks to make some improvements. Both times so close to the same spot really shows me where Im at. Consistent anyway.

Read bald dudes poker Gus Hansen easy read great book

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like such an inviting raise. I'd probably be the hell out of the hand.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noticed that’s lots of bad players will do it with AA they will be short stacked. What is the significance of min raising on flop in position?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id never min raise with a strong hand. Good drawing hand calls for a min raise or calling min raise