Maybe JJ is not an unlucky hand at all? I'm checking $25 NLHE 6-max and Full Ring

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players write in their posts on the forum that pocket JJ are terrible cards. I have long heard that many people do not like this hand. But not everything is so bad. After all, any pocket pair can turn into the strongest combination. I did not place these two hands in the manual analysis, because there is a piece of luck there.
If you have any comments on my terrible game, then write. But maybe this hand is not as bad as it seems?
Hold'em No Limit $25 NLHE 6-max
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424TD6CAW

Hold'em No Limit $25 NLHE Full Ring
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/924TDUw5b

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opition

JJ are good hands pre flop, I consider and based on my experience I lose too much with AJ and QK, I do not believe in bad luck and good luck, everything is probabilities, and each player must play so that this probability is greater in each hand who plays in order to have the victory.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You seem to not be aggressive pre flop with JJ and that may come back to bite you at times. However, yes there is not a bad starting hand if they wind up to be sets, quads, and boats and all at the same time having an opponent get to a 2nd nut hand lol. If we all could run like this all the time we could all quit our jobs. We do all run like this at times and then of course we all hit the wall at times too where we have no chance since we are the ones that get in good and then get sucked out on. As Doyle Brunson says, "poker, its a hard way to make an easy living."

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're a tough hand to play because their strength and value are difficult to determine. Whether to call or raise and treat it as speculative or a little monster isn't an easy choice.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the reason some people tend to dislike JJ, is the fact, there will be overcards on the flop around half the time. And then we have this second or sometimes third pair type hand, where its difficult to really know, where we are. There is also some entitlement tilt involved. If flop comes AQ4, then most people will find it must easier to fold 55 than JJ, even though they both are drawing to 2 outs against the hands, our opponent is betting for value.

As for the hands, you shared, life is always nice and easy, when we make a boat, and our opponents have a worse boat or a straight or flush. I think, the full ring hand was played flawlessly, but the 6-max hand is honestly a mess. The preflop limp-call is just bad, and postflop is played way to passively as well. You got very lucky, that the opponent was strong enough to bet the river and help you get the money in after all this slowplaying.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to discuss a winning hand, but I don't like limping preflop with such a good hand. On the flop, you drag your set by calling, allowing your opponent to collect your straights and flushes.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I bet 3bb and if someone already bet 2,5-4 bb I min raise it to 6-7 bb. I do that to spot bigger hands. Let's say someone reraises big like 20+ bb then you have a decision you either face AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ and maybe some other hands. So what do I beat at this point if I get raised, not much to be honest, usually I lay down iacks. Of course I play jacks differently against lag players.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands