Low Limit Suck Outs

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is happening to me all the time. Here is one example. I am playing a $10 No Limit table. Blinds are 5 and 10 cents. I am on the button. I hold Kc Ks And I raise to a dollar pre flop. 2 Callers. The flop comes 2c kd 5s, it checks around to me and I bet $3 first guy folds second guy raises me all in. I think about it for a minute and call, putting in my last 5.60. Turn is 10d River is 3d He turns over 6d,8d and wipes me out with a king high flush. Ok I dont want to complain about bad beats, I just want to play better poker this seems to keep happening to me. Am I playing this hand wrong?? I had the best hand going in right? It seems to always be the suck out FLUSH that beats my Trips or straight. I know it is low limit and people don't care or something like that, but I am trying real hard to increase my bankroll at this level and its not happening.

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ways to increase your roll....learn how to play omaha hi/lo, either PL or limit

you are exactly right in saying that they dont care about the $10 and if you are at a $2/4 table he probably folds unless the other guy doesnt care about $50 or more which is always a possibility

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low-limit LIMIT hold'em. Your bad beats won't take large chunks out of youer bankroll and your profits will shoot up.

Try the .05/.10 or .25/.50 limits. There are MANY loose players at these levels and many will call with any pair or even high card ace sometimes.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going on a mission to "increase your bankroll" at the microlimit tables is an exercise in futility. If you're looking for a decent return on a minor investment, a small buy-in to a multitable tournament is a better bet than micro ring games. As long as you're hacking around at nickel-&-dime blinds, the suckouts will continue indefinitely. There's just not enough risk involved to keep everyone honest. Unless they can't afford to lose $1.50 on a double gutshot draw.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried Chicubs1616 exclusively for the last few days Now and I have to say I have raised my account by $86 dollars which is a lot for me in three days! Unless I've just been real lucky I think this strategy is working. Thanks a lot Chicubs1616. Playing a tight style and mostly raising instead of calling has been my strategy. If is is not good enough to raise I wil (95%) fold.

E

Executioner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good advice. Those low tables have some crazy players calling anything and everything. You can definitely read their strategy (even though its online) after a few hands...

C

cwcsr1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with the majority of the above posts concerning the "Suck outs" at the micro level tables. But is your goal is to truly "increase your bankroll" these are probably not the best tables to be at. At this level you are truly dealing with nickles and dimes and the odds of a "Rag" player hanging in and drawing out on you are too great to justify your investment. I completly agreee that the low buy in multi table trnys are the better way to go. You will still get a group of "lotto" players but the skill players will weed them out soon enough. Go with your skills against there all luck approch and you will win out in the long run. I have played in many of the low entry trnys around and have had a fair ammount of sucess in Growing my bankroll just with them.

V

VegasGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play cash games if you want to increase bank roll.

If you want to do it in S-N-G you gotta play at much higher stakes

C

CWright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the idea of playing single Table tournaments. I found that palyers are less willing to play dumb becuse they don't want to be out of the tournment.

max_barry

max_barry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he was playing rubbish hands, but at a $10 that is what happens. i could say oh that meanbs you should have played tighter, but you were coz you had K-K in the hole. To lose woth K-K when you flop a K is very depressing but you were right to make the call. These poeple can play any hands and sometimes they will luck out. If you are mega worried then change to higher limits and the quality of play will be higher. But my advice is just stick at it and fi you know you are playing the better poker overall you will definately come out with more cah and you will feel a lot better.

R

railman305

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ya if you just play a little tigher versus very loose players and just wait till you hit something, then they will continue to bet and will feed the pot for you, its tough to do with agressive players

H

happyhooker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play excellent no limit poker especially in multitable tourneys. But cannot win anything on low limit tables. Too many river rats w/ daddys credit card.
Try sitngo or multi table tourneys.

M

mrjoetoyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
totally agree, like the other day a so called lady called my $100 all in re-raise bet

i had pockets Queens

she shows A 4 (offsuit!)

and catches two 4's

.....the horror

T

tglennd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People are stupid

i've been there man, can't be avoided.

T

tglennd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush draw

the flush draw gets me more than anything. Its cause me to fold just because i feel someones shooting for the come. I'll admit after getting trashed from it ive stayed in a hand too long for the come, but end up with alot less chips and self-hate.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is from 2005!!! Thanks for digging this up. :mad: