Losing my stack with KK?

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I look back at this hand I am pretty annoyed at not folding. Advice?

Just replaced my username with Hero

$0.02/$0.05 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 11 12 2017 16:40:06
Table Jonkoping 9 Max (real money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 2: binskie14 ( $5.39 )
Seat 3: DominicWolf ( $5.63 )
Seat 4: volk_alx ( $2 )
Seat 5: Hero ( $4.33 )
Seat 6: UweJoswig ( $11.29 )
Seat 7: bluffca4er ( $5 )
Seat 9: qarlow ( $5 )
Seat 10: AlexWM777 ( $7.38 )
binskie14 posts small blind [$0.02]
DominicWolf posts big blind [$0.05]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kc, Kd ]
volk_alx folds
Hero raises [$0.15]
UweJoswig folds
bluffca4er folds
qarlow calls [$0.15]
AlexWM777 calls [$0.15]
binskie14 calls [$0.13]
DominicWolf folds
** Dealing flop ** [ 4c, 2h, 3s ]
binskie14 bets [$0.65]
Hero calls [$0.65]
qarlow folds
AlexWM777 folds
** Dealing turn ** [ 8c ]
binskie14 bets [$1.46]
Hero raises [$3.53]
binskie14 calls [$2.07]
** Dealing river ** [ 8d ]
** Summary **
binskie14 shows [ 5d, As ]
Hero shows [ Kc, Kd ]
binskie14 collected [ $8.48 ]

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't blame you at all. In what situation you would think he has A 5.. he called from SB.. bigger raise maybe would make him fold preflop.. but later.. ah.. ugly situation.. I suppose you thinked, what a great flop for me.. small cards after preflop raise, and you have KK.. nice situation. but sometimes you can't help it. It a call for me, but if you were scared, you should maybe just call last bet and not raise. Overall, it was just destend to lose from the start, only bigger raise preflop would kick him with A 5, if he is reasonable player. Good luck next time

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, pockets are good and bad. Did you ever think about folding bigger raise pre flop ?

Would he have called a raise ? I guess you wanted action with that flop ? And then got burned.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just an unlucky hand. I don't think most of us could get away from a showdown. The only way to save money is if you were worried that he called your turn. Then you might've been able to just call instead of raising on the river, saving you a bit of money.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't blame you at all. In what situation you would think he has A 5.. he called from SB.. bigger raise maybe would make him fold preflop.. but later.. ah.. ugly situation.. I suppose you thinked, what a great flop for me.. small cards after preflop raise, and you have KK.. nice situation. but sometimes you can't help it. It a call for me, but if you were scared, you should maybe just call last bet and not raise. Overall, it was just destend to lose from the start, only bigger raise preflop would kick him with A 5, if he is reasonable player. Good luck next time

lol not a reasonable player - his VP was 70 or something

i was considering calling but then i would be pot committed by the river anyway.

overall i thought i played this hand terribly but nice to know it wasnt that bad haha

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens, pockets are good and bad. Did you ever think about folding bigger raise pre flop ?

Would he have called a raise ? I guess you wanted action with that flop ? And then got burned.

what do you mean folding bigger raise pre-flop?

if i raised 4BB instead of 3BB i believe that particular player would have called since he was calling almost every hand

i think you're right and I should have raised him post flop

R

rjbregib

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop I always look at it like is this in the range of cards people play and more people that are in more likely someone hit calls and raises you have to ask are they trying to steal, two pairs or did someone actually hit the range for a straight. hard to lay down. I had AA the other day and in live poker game, spade and diamond, flop came three hearts, I bet pot, was raised, another raise came and I folded. Obvious what happened but easy lay down

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way the hand played out, its very hard to get away from KK. I'd be more likely to put him on a set than the straight, betting out to protect his hand. But at micro stakes he could just as easily have a random 5 or be overvaluing 66-1010.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's his post flop aggression metrics like?

Villain leading out with big bets like that the only possible way for hero to avoid losing everything is to call call fold.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just upload the hand to Boom Player

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look at the action, I think you could have easily gotten away from this on the turn. You raised preflop, he calls. Then he LEADS into you as the preflop raiser on the flop. You call. Then he fires a 2nd barrel? You are behind here a LOT of the time. What can he have here that he is barreling away with when it looks like you have an overpair?

Slider23

Slider23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players like to Donk bet the flop to identify strength of a raising hand. A better play may have been to put in min raise on flop, villian may have made big re-raise or gone all in, and given you a chance to get off the hand.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm sorry with such a good hand kk and fortunate the opponent who could not have an AQ, AK for example, too lucky.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just bad luck not really played bad

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this hand you just got unlucky. I also think that on the river you do not have to re-raise, because the opponent raised on the flop and turn.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i looked at this again when i was less tired, i think actually your sizing preflop was the the biggest problem here, 3x is a very small open for those stakes [unless you were trying to induce a 3-bet from another aggressive player]

i think a better open size at .02/.05 is something like .20/.25 , maybe more like .30 if your table doesnt like to fold junk, if they are that loose you want to charge them more for playing junk