Losing all my day earning cash game (0.01¢/0.02¢)

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be to try playing money tables tournament or spin go

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is hard. Consider spending more time reviewing hands that you played looking for mistakes.

F

fzx5v0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, thank you so much for all your reactions! #AMAZING! Yesterday I lost in the morning my earning again (2$), but I found the "zoom" game in Poker888: SNAP. And I have all my earnings back. Maybe I should start playing SNAP only haha.
Hi
How are you getting on i suffer the same thing as you and have been bouncing between SNAP 1c /2c and ring 6 and 9 players but not making any headway with raising my game.

Cheers

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Spin & Go not more a bluffing game, then actual gaining experience?
I would call it more like a high variance game where value range can be as high as 30+% there is not really bluffing in lower limits, the stack depth is too swallow and ranges are so wide you never know if someone bluffed or value betted. I would say learning the basics of poker in spins is overly difficult because luck has so much meaning that finding wrongs and does is hard.

Which book do you recommend for a beginner?
Harrington is very noteworthy https://www.amazon.com/Harrington-Online-Games-6-Max-No-Limit/dp/1880685493

Zoom level vs level is way harder than regular, because you can spot bad habits of the fish so much more easily in regular. In both games you need to learn first the standard opening ranges (by heart), in regular you can then add and remove hands from your range very fast because you learn to know your opponents. In zoom this phase takes longer.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Microlights help you find your game and not lose too much at the initial stage, try and let you smile GOOD LUCK !!!

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Microlights help you find your game and not lose too much at the initial stage, try and let you smile GOOD LUCK !!!

Microlights?

I would call it more like a high variance game where value range can be as high as 30+% there is not really bluffing in lower limits, the stack depth is too swallow and ranges are so wide you never know if someone bluffed or value betted. I would say learning the basics of poker in spins is overly difficult because luck has so much meaning that finding wrongs and does is hard.

Harrington is very noteworthy https://www.amazon.com/Harrington-Online-Games-6-Max-No-Limit/dp/1880685493

Zoom level vs level is way harder than regular, because you can spot bad habits of the fish so much more easily in regular. In both games you need to learn first the standard opening ranges (by heart), in regular you can then add and remove hands from your range very fast because you learn to know your opponents. In zoom this phase takes longer.

That is true, but I play really really tight in Zoom and only play the highest cards.

Hi
How are you getting on i suffer the same thing as you and have been bouncing between SNAP 1c /2c and ring 6 and 9 players but not making any headway with raising my game.

Cheers

As a mentioned earlier, I'm only play the highest hand and then aggressive. At pokerstars not much people will bite, but at Poker888 still a lot of people will go all in if they have K9o and I have AA or KK etc. Zoom is really taking your time and 3B all the time when you have a really good hand.

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You may need to work on your range selection. I would take a day of just defining what type of player you are. 2 weeks really don't give you personal insight of what type of play style is best for you. In other words play outside your comfort zone. I don't mean by playing outside of your bankroll. But know that you must have a healthy bankroll in order to do this. 30-50 buy ins or 3000 to 5000 bbs if your playstyle is being restricted because of your bankroll then you will never be at your best. For example, opening QJo utg and calling a reraise out of position is ok, however bombing the flop and leading into a 2way pot is a good spot. Concentrate on your post flop game. Table image really isn't important at micro stakes however pressure is.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi OP!

First, I see you are pretty new here... Welcome to this forum! It's a good one.

I skimmed over the thread, I have some thoughts, and some have addressed them already. Nevertheless, here we go.

First and foremost, you seem to be incredibly results oriented, in the short term day to day ups/downs in bankroll.

Take it from me, it will save you loads of trouble and emotional distress if you break this habit/thought process early in your poker life.

How to stop focusing on short term results?

1. Do not check bankroll. Start with a sufficient amount, say 30 buy ins+ at cash, and don't check it. Just play, focus on decisions.

2. Realize this game isn't chess. Skill doesn't always prevail. That's why terrible players continue to play, because they win sometimes. Luck and variance do play a huge role in short term results. You have to play a pretty decent sample to eliminate all this nonsense.

3. Condition yourself to just not GAF about the day to day +/-. Make good decisions - more importantly, better decisions than your opponents do.

Secondly:

I will assume you have a bunch of leaks. You are a new player. You are learning the game. So, I don't think it's possible for you to even be a winner just yet. The likely reality is you are probably going to lose at first. Everyone goes through this (most do anyways). Study, post hands for review, and learn how to think like a poker player. Then you will make $$$.

Here is an example of something a new player may do:

New player is UTG with K-Jo. Full table. 9 players. The new player likes this hand. Player limps in, action folds to BTN, he raises to 4x. Folds to UTG, he thinks about this.... he may think to himself "This guy raises too much. I think he might be bullying me here!"

New player calls, goes HU out of position with K-Jo.

Flop K-7-2r.

Long story short, new player calls 3 streets of betting from BTN, never improves, and loses to K-Q or A-K.

I honestly don't know why it wrote the example, but I did. I think it helps illustrate mistakes people will make. That is just one off the top of my head. I exploit players every day in spots like these. Bad players just always get themselves in shitty spots. Playing too loose pre, out of position, calling too much, too passive, think everyone is bluffing, thinking people have AK all the time (only when they can beat AK, of course). Yeah.

First mistake in above hand: Playing K-Jo at a full table UTG.

2nd: Calling raise.

3rd: Calling 3 barrels with a meh top pair hand.

4th: Playing passive.

5th: Incorrectly assuming aggression means bullying and bluffing.

Anytime you are about to do something, bet, check, raise, ask yourself "What do I accomplish by doing this?"

The more experience you get, the more you will be able to easily answer that question, and take the proper course of action.

So my advice, stop fixation on results now . Study. Play. Gain experience. Repeat X-infinity.

I don't know if this post will be helpful. Maybe it's off topic a bit? Maybe I said what others already have. I hope it helps though.

S

summer_kz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey change the table choise, play only 6-max only ante tables with full buyin! be aggressive:)

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may need to work on your range selection. I would take a day of just defining what type of player you are. 2 weeks really don't give you personal insight of what type of play style is best for you. In other words play outside your comfort zone. I don't mean by playing outside of your bankroll. But know that you must have a healthy bankroll in order to do this. 30-50 buy ins or 3000 to 5000 bbs if your playstyle is being restricted because of your bankroll then you will never be at your best. For example, opening QJo utg and calling a reraise out of position is ok, however bombing the flop and leading into a 2way pot is a good spot. Concentrate on your post flop game. Table image really isn't important at micro stakes however pressure is.

I started to play more freeroll Sit and Go tournaments, because I think this will improve my game. My early gameplay is tight/aggression, but later on I will dry up on Sit&Go's, so I'm improving this now by playing at least 1 freeroll tournament.

Hi OP!

First, I see you are pretty new here... Welcome to this forum! It's a good one.

I skimmed over the thread, I have some thoughts, and some have addressed them already. Nevertheless, here we go.

First and foremost, you seem to be incredibly results oriented, in the short term day to day ups/downs in bankroll.

Take it from me, it will save you loads of trouble and emotional distress if you break this habit/thought process early in your poker life.

How to stop focusing on short term results?

1. Do not check bankroll. Start with a sufficient amount, say 30 buy ins+ at cash, and don't check it. Just play, focus on decisions.

2. Realize this game isn't chess. Skill doesn't always prevail. That's why terrible players continue to play, because they win sometimes. Luck and variance do play a huge role in short term results. You have to play a pretty decent sample to eliminate all this nonsense.

3. Condition yourself to just not GAF about the day to day +/-. Make good decisions - more importantly, better decisions than your opponents do.

Secondly:

I will assume you have a bunch of leaks. You are a new player. You are learning the game. So, I don't think it's possible for you to even be a winner just yet. The likely reality is you are probably going to lose at first. Everyone goes through this (most do anyways). Study, post hands for review, and learn how to think like a poker player. Then you will make $$$.

Here is an example of something a new player may do:

New player is UTG with K-Jo. Full table. 9 players. The new player likes this hand. Player limps in, action folds to BTN, he raises to 4x. Folds to UTG, he thinks about this.... he may think to himself "This guy raises too much. I think he might be bullying me here!"

New player calls, goes HU out of position with K-Jo.

Flop K-7-2r.

Long story short, new player calls 3 streets of betting from BTN, never improves, and loses to K-Q or A-K.

I honestly don't know why it wrote the example, but I did. I think it helps illustrate mistakes people will make. That is just one off the top of my head. I exploit players every day in spots like these. Bad players just always get themselves in shitty spots. Playing too loose pre, out of position, calling too much, too passive, think everyone is bluffing, thinking people have AK all the time (only when they can beat AK, of course). Yeah.

First mistake in above hand: Playing K-Jo at a full table UTG.

2nd: Calling raise.

3rd: Calling 3 barrels with a meh top pair hand.

4th: Playing passive.

5th: Incorrectly assuming aggression means bullying and bluffing.

Anytime you are about to do something, bet, check, raise, ask yourself "What do I accomplish by doing this?"

The more experience you get, the more you will be able to easily answer that question, and take the proper course of action.

So my advice, stop fixation on results now . Study. Play. Gain experience. Repeat X-infinity.

I don't know if this post will be helpful. Maybe it's off topic a bit? Maybe I said what others already have. I hope it helps though.

Thank you so much for all the information! My new rule: At least 1 sit&go tournament a day and maybe 1 hour cash game. I think this will improve my poker gameplay. I also need to stop going all-in with JJ :D

Hey change the table choise, play only 6-max only ante tables with full buyin! be aggressive:)

I only play 6 tables, sometimes 9 when I'm in a sit&go tournament. Give it a try :)

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi forum,

Started playing Poker two weeks ago. Finished the Pokerstars school and I'm playing like 3 hours a day on Poker888. I thought, that website will suite me better then Pokerstars, because they have more hard-hitters. But oke, so I'm playing for like for 2 weeks now and I'm facing bankroll problems.

Let's say: I start at 10am in the morning and after half an hour I made like 1$. But later that day, I lose it again and it's not because I'm tired but everybody at 0.01¢ is playing on the draw or I don't know why. So next day I made again 1$ and then I lose it again... I know, that I'm not a star but everything what I earn I lose the same day or maybe lose more then I earned :(

Hope that you guys can help me :D
Just keep at it. You'll eventually make a breakthrough. Study and learn.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks! I also start playing Pokerstars 0.25 sit and go! Maybe I can build up my bankroll from this.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have some money then play on 00.1 00.2 Nothing earns a waste of time to me
if you're playing for big stakes is better

Z

ZaXXoR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi forum,

Started playing Poker two weeks ago. Finished the Pokerstars school and I'm playing like 3 hours a day on Poker888. I thought, that website will suite me better then Pokerstars, because they have more hard-hitters. But oke, so I'm playing for like for 2 weeks now and I'm facing bankroll problems.

Let's say: I start at 10am in the morning and after half an hour I made like 1$. But later that day, I lose it again and it's not because I'm tired but everybody at 0.01¢ is playing on the draw or I don't know why. So next day I made again 1$ and then I lose it again... I know, that I'm not a star but everything what I earn I lose the same day or maybe lose more then I earned :(

Hope that you guys can help me :D

Are you using a HUD? they are an amazing tool for analyzing hands and getting info on the fly. I'd look into some youtube tutorials or books, cash games are all about long term and volume, if you are paying attention to your roll while playing you are either not playing enough tables, focusing too much on results, and/or not improving our game or using a profitable micro style of play.

The strategy section and this specific article should help you. https://www.cardschat.com/micro-stakes-poker.php

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every minute, every day we learn something new
mistakes make us better if we recognize them
it is my opinion

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you using a HUD? they are an amazing tool for analyzing hands and getting info on the fly. I'd look into some youtube tutorials or books, cash games are all about long term and volume, if you are paying attention to your roll while playing you are either not playing enough tables, focusing too much on results, and/or not improving our game or using a profitable micro style of play.

The strategy section and this specific article should help you. https://www.cardschat.com/micro-stakes-poker.php

Thank you for the link! Will check it out. I started with Pokertracker, but my trial is over. So now I need to make some money to actually buy the program? How about you? Do you have advice.

every minute, every day we learn something new
mistakes make us better if we recognize them
it is my opinion

Every day is a new day, every day is a new learning day. Playing the tables every day of the week.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, two weeks it's very much, I would even say you were lucky that you're playing zero)))) I lost the whole bank for the first time in a couple of days ... to play, play, learn, train, study literature, analyze my mistakes in Hand drawing, learn to determine the style of the game of aponents .... and in general the cash game it is unstable constantly jumps then up and down.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise you to play small tournaments, it will give experience, and with saves your money!

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opening QJo utg and calling a reraise out of position is ok, however bombing the flop and leading into a 2way pot is a good spot.

I do not agree. I dont understand how this exampel made any sense in the context of the other things your wrote but I do think that the other things your wrote were great!

Why would we open QJo UTG? 6-max or full ring I dont like it either way. Calling a 3Bet with QJo UTG? What hands are we folding then? In my UTG open I would never include QJo but I would not consider it a huge leak. When you are calling QJo to a 3Bet, I assume you have a folding range, then your UTG open range is way too wide.
Are you assuming that the other player is a reg? In that case maybe leading out flop could be a good play, but you have to do it with some strong hands once in a while aswell (and it has to be 2-pair or sets because we cant call a 3Bet with KK or AA, then we will lose tons of value), if not, then the regs even at 2NL will start exploiting you.
Are you assuming its a fish? In that case I do not like it either beacuse fishes usually do not 3Bet without a good hand, and they can have a though time letting go of AK even if they miss flop.
Seems like it has to be a specifik opponent that 3Bets super wide and allways folds to a donk bet, I have never met such opponent :)
Though if you said KQs and made that case that if we hit OESD (maybe even gutshot) or FD we should lead out I would like the example more!

Anyways, sorry for late response and have a nice day!

FeRRi0

FeRRi0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its absolutely normal situation) just read some books about poker, there are a lot of important information around! And slowly play your micro limits, testing ideas that you got from books. Be rdy that at start you probably start loosing more, but thats normal too, when you trying to use some tactics that you dont fully understand. Try it, analyze youre game, read another books, analyze again :) in one or two month if you will work hard enough - you will start earning your money) good luck!

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its absolutely normal situation) just read some books about poker, there are a lot of important information around! And slowly play your micro limits, testing ideas that you got from books. Be rdy that at start you probably start loosing more, but thats normal too, when you trying to use some tactics that you dont fully understand. Try it, analyze youre game, read another books, analyze again :) in one or two month if you will work hard enough - you will start earning your money) good luck!

Thank you for your reaction! Do you recommend any book?

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's hard to do a range selection when your BR is only $1

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to do a range selection when your BR is only $1
Very true, however trying to start building a bankroll with $1 with little to no experience isn't going to happen.

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree. I dont understand how this exampel made any sense in the context of the other things your wrote but I do think that the other things your wrote were great!

Why would we open QJo UTG? 6-max or full ring I dont like it either way. Calling a 3Bet with QJo UTG? What hands are we folding then? In my UTG open I would never include QJo but I would not consider it a huge leak. When you are calling QJo to a 3Bet, I assume you have a folding range, then your UTG open range is way too wide.
Are you assuming that the other player is a reg? In that case maybe leading out flop could be a good play, but you have to do it with some strong hands once in a while aswell (and it has to be 2-pair or sets because we cant call a 3Bet with KK or AA, then we will lose tons of value), if not, then the regs even at 2NL will start exploiting you.
Are you assuming its a fish? In that case I do not like it either beacuse fishes usually do not 3Bet without a good hand, and they can have a though time letting go of AK even if they miss flop.
Seems like it has to be a specifik opponent that 3Bets super wide and allways folds to a donk bet, I have never met such opponent :)
Though if you said KQs and made that case that if we hit OESD (maybe even gutshot) or FD we should lead out I would like the example more!

Anyways, sorry for late response and have a nice day!

By not calling a 3 bet in that position will automatically make you a target for regs. Simply get a feel for the table and 3 bet range especially in 6 max. Calling and C betting and folding to any raise over the top has great equity. Like I said play outside your comfort zone and examine different lines throughout your hand history is what gives you a slighter edge over your opponent.

Edit: Calling a 3 bet with AA and KK is usually how I play and I find it more profitable rather than risking your stack pre.

Last edited:
Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos Top 10 Games