• Poll closed .
Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

I have just taken a few bad beats in limit ring games 1/2 $ by ppl starting with 2 soooooooted cards.

Has anyone got any stats that say playing any 2 sooted cards in limit holdem is a bad play???

I know the odds of hitting your flush are about 17-1 on the flop, but a it then becomes 4-1 if u hit on the turn an 4-1 again if u hit on the river.

So if u call 1 bet and fold if u miss the flop in the long run will it work?

Add to that a miracle flop (u play K2 diamonds and the flop is K22)

And obviously u catch top pair and its good.

I know this is on the back of a bad beat or 2, but I would be interested to get feedback.

Thanks guys

Ironically, I have just played K5s in a multi pot, missed my flush but hit top pair. Raised, got one caller then hit 2 pair on the turn!!! :D

Is it the Lord trying to tell me "play any 2 soooooooted cards" :cool:

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a limit fan, dont play limit often enough to know much, but if the odds are right, suited connectors, A-x suited, and suited paint are nice, and probably are nicer in limit. The only thing I can offer is that if someone calls with suited connectors/ace-x suited/suited paint, even if they're 17-1 to hit the flush on the flop, their still have odds of hitting two pair, top pair (especially with paint suited or ace-x suited) even, as you showed, a chance of hitting trips or a full house, and rarely you might hit a straight flush gem (never seen it happen yet though). The odds then that they have the best hand at the flop are pretty good, If my assumptions are correct (although I dont know what the odds would be counting all those flop options). So you were going down the right path in thinking that adding those other, non flush opportunities, there are times when suited hands in limit will have the right odds.

*EDIT* forgot to mention my original point =P Implied odds can be really good, since if you catch your flush you could rake in a good amount, a full house on the flop tends to get a lot of bets from people because they think having a full house at this point would either elicit a strong bet from you (so try to slow play off the flop with a boat ;) ) or the odds of that happening are low (which it is, but you had other nut hands you could have made so you weren't betting on full house odds only). Guess it depends on your position and the type of people you play with, which can shift the implied odds around a lot

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont play limit cash games that much cuz of the up and downs but i do like playing limit tourneys which im very good at. and what kind of suited cards really depends from yr position,blinds, if nobody raised,what kind of players ur up against <<this all helps u figure out what to play. and i dont mind playing suited connectors and A x suited.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll try not to repeat what's been said... but in limit you are getting the odds to call down your draw more frequently then you would in no limit.

I didn't vote because your preflop hand depends heavily on your position, the action in front of you, and passiveness/aggressiveness of the table. You might only call with A9s in late position at an aggressive table, because in EP you might get raised and then three bet making it unprofitable to see a flop. While at a passive table you might call with the same hand in middle position or even early position because the risk of a raise is not there (mind you A9s is just an generic example).

In limit you have to be more aware of possible draws on the flop and subsequent streets. And that goes for your hand and your opponent.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i also agree with this too ^^^^^

Full Flush Poker Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules