SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Either way, I was still up on my starting stack and I left the table. Did I maybe jump the gun on leaving?
Heh heh, NO!
Even when you think you're calm and collected, subconsciously a small crack has been formed after seeing your money change sides in such an ungraceful fashion. If anything, consider your loss as tuition for your mental training. The more we endure such bad beats with nothing else than a shrug and a sigh as a reaction, the more we grow as players. You kept your head on your shoulders and did absolutely the right thing.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is just statitstics, proving its point ;-)
But I sometimes quit, too. Find it hard not to tilt then ...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If a bad beat puts you on tilt definitely.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on leaving a cash game after a bad beat?

Basically, I had managed to increase my starting stack quite a bit, but ended up losing quarter of it on one hand (was out played by someone who had TTT on the flop against my two pair Q3’s, but limped through the flop and turn).

Either way, I was still up on my starting stack and I left the table. Did I maybe jump the gun on leaving?

It depends on your tilt control. If you know you tilt pretty significantly after a bad beat, then you should definitely leave the table and take a break.

Some pros have learned excellent tilt control and can keep playing, other people lose multiple stacks. So it just depends on how you play and respond to a bad beat.

In general most people would benefit from taking a break or ending their session.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Basic rule is do what works for you, if it works keep doing it. When it no longer works then it's time to change it. You could also focus on removing emotions and short term results from your game, but that's easier said then done.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Bad beats in poker are the last thing we want to experience,but they are inevitable.Many of them are cruel,but some are funny in the facial expressions of the players who suffered from them. I take this calmly and understand that this is poker and everything is possible here.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If there are loses during the game, I play till the limit I have decided before the game. I just end the game. Next session will come, patient!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think that this bad beat will lead you to a tilt mood then yes, you should leave the table.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are tilt-resistant, then it is better not to leave, but to continue playing

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
All bad beats, coolers, outbids, I perceive as part of the game. Therefore, I can continue to play without losing the quality of my decisions.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel terrible after suffering a bad beat. But just for a few minutes, than, I'm back for more. ☺️