Leave the table or wait for the next BB?

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
You're playing several cash tables online, you're doing pretty good on all of them and you're up. You decide it's time to quit for the time being... do you sit out and leave immediately after your current hand or do you wait and sit out next BB?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wait and sit out the next BB,,,

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wait for all the free hands and jump out just before pay the big blind.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually wait until the next BB, but if I'm really tired I just sit out and quit to not take the risk of make a wrong play.

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Historically, I've found I'm more likely to hit betting hole cards while waiting for the BB to roll around and end up losing money more often than I've hit and added to my winnings. Now, when I'm ready to leave if I decide to wait for the BB then I'll only play AA or KK... even AKs has failed me numerous times.

What about you guys? How often does waiting for the BB actually prove beneficial?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely wait for the blinds. Posting a blind with a random hand is a losing proposition, so you dont want to do this more often, than you are obliged to. It might not sound like much, but if you give up a few BBs every session by either posting or leaving prematurely, it adds up in the long run. The only time, I would not wait, is, if I am quitting because of serious tilt, or if I urgently need to go to the bathroom :)

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always wait for the next BB.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i play my free hands ... but very cautiously !

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're playing several cash tables online, you're doing pretty good on all of them and you're up. You decide it's time to quit for the time being... do you sit out and leave immediately after your current hand or do you wait and sit out next BB?
I will wait for the BB. I like the free hands, but will play conservatively.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morningI I´m having a profitable cash session, I leave the tablet the sooner I can.It is better to leave all the tables with your earnings than stay trying to earn even more money.Sometimes, you can ruin a successful poker session playing some risky and unnecessary hands which can turn your happiness into regrets

P

Peter_Hyper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Allways play the free Hands.
Maybe you get some Bullets? You'll never know ...

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually wait for the next BB. It's better to get those extra free hands.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I play cash games I have a set loss and a set gain limit. If I have hit that gain goal I would play until the next big blind. However I would not get involved in any marginal hands. I've actually drove 45 minutes to get to a poker room played one hand and left because I doubled up. It was a $300 buy in and left with a $320 profit. I did wait until I hit the BB to walk but I would have only played AA KK. I would have played any par if and only if I could limp in to play them and only continue with a set.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
When I decide I've had enough of playing poker, I always stay at the table and leave the table at the next big blind. I burned myself several times.
I try to play very carefully those last hands.

skrtel348

skrtel348

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
I leave when I want.
I don't see what waiting for a new BB would do for me. It could be good or bad, so it doesn't change my thinking.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I nearly always wait for next BB before leaving, seems rational. If risking losing a big pot will leave you in a foul mood, then It's equally rational to avoid that situation.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If I have the feeling that I want to leave the table then I do so, but when I'm already close to BB then I wait until BB is over. But I also leave the game more often before I reach BB so I didn't make it a rule to wait for it, but maybe it's something I should reconsider

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Normally wait blinds, but my inner tilt monkey take control sometimes and then it squick exit. :giggle:

D

DJ HighRoller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FR
Chips
Good morningI I´m having a profitable cash session, I leave the tablet the sooner I can.It is better to leave all the tables with your earnings than stay trying to earn even more money.Sometimes, you can ruin a successful poker session playing some risky and unnecessary hands which can turn your happiness into regrets
i had many times this situation when i was winning and tried to win more and more money and exactly my happiness turned into sadness and regret you are right you have to leave when you are on top as soon as possible

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always wait till the next BB, and play the following hands really tight.
I hate on pokerstars when someone leaves and the BB skips me 😅 I think that that doesn't happen in other sites.