Know how to slow down when overcards exit

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This advice, although obvious, nevertheless, needs to be said about it, because many players do not adhere to the probability of getting an overpair on the flop with a pocket pair: QC - 23% QQ - 43% JJ - 59% TT - 71% 99 - 81% As you now understand, with QC you will see an ace on the flop about 1 time out of 4! And the lower your couple is, the more often this will happen. That is, you need to clearly understand that when you are dealt a pocket pair (with the exception of AA), you should very often expect to see an overcard on the flop, turn or river. Most often you will need to play through a check / call or even a check / fold in some cases. And raises are out of the question

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is more important to play starting from the opponent's hand, the output of the overcard does not mean that it has strengthened the opponent's hand, and playing less aggressively when the overcard is released is too valuable information that an attentive player will use against you.

It is better not to create too large banks with medium hands and even top pairs without getting a boost and with a dangerous flop.:)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, these are fair things. This happens often. But don't be afraid of high cards. Check-call is reasonable. We can always turn our hand into a bluff with the arrival of an ACE, for example.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, these are fair things. This happens often. But don't be afraid of high cards. Check-call is reasonable. We can always turn our hand into a bluff with the arrival of an ACE, for example.
bluffing does not affect every opponent at micro stakes

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that with JJ + pairs we have to be aggressive in the pre-flop with a 4 to 6 BB raise to get the wobbly hands out of the game. If you have QQ and lose against AK and understand. Now, if you have QQ and lose to a 22 who found another 2 on the flop, or lose to a 10-7 who made two pair on the turn there is too painful!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously the Q, Q pair, the J, J pair and the 10,10 pair have to be played aggressively preflop but if you have the overcard on the flop you may not be in a beaten position. In this case, it is very important what you know about the other player, how you play what cards, etc.
But the fact is, you have to deal with these cards carefully after the flop.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I try to play in acord with my position and stack, some pairs I will play more agressive and another I will try to play just for a set.

In the UTG and UTG+1 I will play only premium hands, but sometimes I try to play with low pairs, depending of who are plays against me on the post flop I will play like I'm holding AA. On the last position I will play the middle pairs with more value, if there are no raiser before me, I will assume that I have a good chance to win, but if there any raise I will prefer to just call or fold low pairs and some middle pairs, cause these positions in general will have more power, comparing their positions range, but it will be in the accord of their game style and my reads.

C

Csharp123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow down when over cards exist

It really depends on the situation you can gause when a plAyer has some by your betting size

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing does not affect every opponent at micro stakes
It all depends on your opponents and your reputation at the table. Many players have software and statistics. If you play few hands and are a tight player, your opponents will notice and believe it. But if they don't value their stack, of course they don't care.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your opponents and your reputation at the table. Many players have software and statistics. If you play few hands and are a tight player, your opponents will notice and believe it. But if they don't value their stack, of course they don't care.

I agree that statistics are serious business. you can't fool her))