KK utg

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero raises 5 bbs in a 6 Max $5-$10 and two callers. Flop is JT 3. Shove or bet half the pot. Hero shoved and lost to JJTT

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is simple to solve:
All in! KK are good cards to shove.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a pair in hand, my goal is to hit a three of a kind on the flop, several other strategies can be applied after the flop. Now go all-in pre-flop do not know if long-term is profitable, more believe that play cautiously with the goal of being tight aggressive.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a pair in hand, my goal is to hit a three of a kind on the flop, several other strategies can be applied after the flop. Now go all-in pre-flop do not know if long-term is profitable, more believe that play cautiously with the goal of being tight aggressive.

If I shove preflop, it's unlikely to attract callers. However, post flop how bad was the shove with no straight or flush draws? Was my line of play better than the alternate line? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many BB did you have preflop? Depending on stack size, I may have shoved preflop. As is, I don't see it as a bad line just the other side of variance.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are players who will call with worse hands and it is better to hit the flop, even if you have an overpair on the flop, and he has only a couple younger, he will still call the flop, hoping to get a second pair and she often comes to such players therefore, against such players, I play only All in preflop, so that they do not go worse with their hands and cannot

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So much valuable information missing.

What is effective stacks?
What is your table image?
What are the villians table image?

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is simple to solve:
All in! KK are good cards to shove.

absurd yesterday in freeroll player with kk all in other with jj checked k did not fall ...... and out

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So much valuable information missing.

What is effective stacks?
What is your table image?
What are the villians table image?
Effective stacks were 150 bbs and table image is tight aggressive.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
150 bb you are deep... you just reise end on flop about 50% its ok reise if you get rereise you can fold are go all in depends of player against which you play..but you are to deep to shove preflop, end you can make fold on flop becase you are deep

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero raises 5 bbs in a 6 Max $5-$10 and two callers. Flop is JT 3. Shove or bet half the pot. Hero shoved and lost to JJTT

I think your shove is completely out of line on the flop with being so deep stacks in a cash game. Your either:

- Getting called by Two pair or better
- You lose value by getting folds from medium strength hands which would pay more to continue (But not All-in)

Of course you will have the odd call from a Top Pair.

With this Overpair, I would elect to bet 1/3 pot to keep weaker hands in on later streets.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it happens many times even with aces! You must not stay on thinking this or these, because it is useless. When things go wrong smile a bit and continue your game!
:);):rolleyes::)

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, you shoved 145 blinds on the flop when the pot was about 20bbs?
That's definitely not a good play... you should have played a NORMAL hand, betting like 3/4 pot and getting to the river. If an ace comes, too bad for you, but you shouldn't be going completely nuts with an overpair

O

oliver321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you must go all in with kk ihope you win the pott

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you must go all in with kk ihope you win the pott

Yes, preflop most of the time. I guess i was tired during that hand and maybe influenced by a large amount of previous frustration.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it's a weakness, i really don't know, but even i know that an Ace can come out and destroy me, with KK it's 95% chances on going all in, and 100% when i have agressive opponents playing with me.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, you shoved 145 blinds on the flop when the pot was about 20bbs?
That's definitely not a good play... you should have played a NORMAL hand, betting like 3/4 pot and getting to the river. If an ace comes, too bad for you, but you shouldn't be going completely nuts with an overpair

where did you get 145 blinds from? OP didn't state much of anything.. There is so much information missing form this post that it really can't be answered properly.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, KK means a huge raise or all In. Especially from this position

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe that even an allin preflop the opponents would pay because TT, JJ, would not have much fold. this is part of poker

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how many BB's I have and how many other players in the pot have I would've considered jamming probably to get the questionable hands out of the pot like J10.

S

SkorpiosMC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I use the same thinking. this is not a tournament, we are talking about cash games.
Goin allin preflop even with aces it's completely brainless.You are losin so much value in the long run.
Aces, Kings, Queens, even jacks are an auto3-bet about 10blinds usually depending on how many players are involved. And i personally play middle to low pairs often calling a raiser and if i hit a set on the flop i tend to extact as much value as i can, however i play cautiously if i hold an overpair on the board.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set mine with KK downwards - Solved

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA or KK and I am all-in. I win about 40% of the time. When I slow play someone will call me with a 2/4 and slop it out.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
150 BB deeps and tight aggressive image. You bet 5 BB preflop and someone calls now the flop is JT3.

Would bet a decent amount 1/3 to 1/2 pot and without any more info on the villain it is my opinion a fold due to image and stack sizes.