KK in hand flop A Q 9

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the size of the stack ... ace changes everything, because in an online rocker, most of the hands are paired with an ace .. in this situation I would make 3-5 raises

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put half pot, i test if someone touched and I contunue to bet I transfer on bluff.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I am checking unless trip kings are do. People play the ace.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no secrets. You have to bet if you are the first. And try to find out the pair of aces. If someone call for it, take it easy and care.

D

disoft21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
best regards
It is important to know the position of the table and the size of the chips, KK will have an advantage if several players decide to participate, so it can limp and have more chances of success

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your position at the table, how much you raised pre-flop, how many opponents and of course stack sizes. But generally you can always test the waters by raising a half or quarter of the pot size.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With aq, I make 3bet, if I get 5bet, I fold. if 8-12 bb, then just go to all in from any position,

kk I play differently, if the prizes are soon, then I can throw it away, if I am sure that someone has an ace with a kicker and me at best 70% to win

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation, I might still win the hand, but I will not put in any more chips.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what you doing?
In a hand like this I prefer to play a slower game because the possibility of the opponent having a pair of ace is great. So this situation is not so easy to decide.

N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to act depending on the number of players on the flop and their behavior
If the players are tight, then we can confidently continue to raise
If the players are aggressive and you do not have a clue what is in their hands, you should fold

Sss888111

Sss888111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what you did before the flop!?!

Last edited:
S

samexsky2578

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the situation, how do you answer?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your post lacks so much info for us to give a solid advice.

First of all, what was the preflop action? What is your position? and is it full ring or 6max?

All of those can have an affect on how you want to play out post flop.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play C-bet in these situations if I raise a pre-flop. If the player continues to pay then turn to the check, I think about a check or maybe a fold. You need to be careful when the ace comes out and you have a smaller pair. Interesting topic, I will review other answers. Greeting!:top:

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet continuation...
and then on the situation...
little information)
:top:

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With an ace out there I wouldn't put too many chips. I think there is nothing wrong with folding. Better to be safe then sorry.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
open fold, there's no reason to continue if an ACE flops

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m putting out a continuation bet if I’m first to act, if my opponent leads off then I may look him up if he’s a very aggressive player or my chip stack is big enough to speculate. No matter what I’m never calling off too much or going broke when the ace hits. Sometimes you just have to fold KK. If my opponent bets a lot, I’m just going to fold, especially to players that are playing tight or abc style poker. The ace is a hand killer. No reason to chase or bleed chips when I’m likely beat a lot of the time.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I wear depends. Don't want to make it look too obvious. For me a check is in order, depending of course on the action prior to the flop.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a difficult cituation! You must be prepaired! Carefull bets and bluff! An ace from another player is a problem, and a K on board is something very nice!
:D

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check until opponent bets and then raise him. What he does next will give you enough information to either lose the "minimum", or take it down. Also, the pre-flop action, stack sizes, the player's image, and the position all play a huge factor in what I decide to do. But with what you have posted, I would play it with a check-raise, if he has a weak ace it will hard for him to call as you are representing a monster hand(set, top two).

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We’ll I’m going to assume that you bet pre flop based off of your hand strength. I would definitely c-bet just as a feeler bet and if they re raise you fold.

J

Johnsouth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet and see if someone calls, if someone raises it's pretty clear they have an A or maybe even a J10, so I am pretty skeptical when I see a higher pair out there or a straight draw.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You raised preflop and they just called ?

Bet 1/2 the pot on the flop. That A is in your range.

I have been in this situation and my opponent folds showing an A!

He must have thought that I had a better A. He is right if his read is that I had a superior hand preflop.

If he raised preflop and you just called to disguise your strong hand then you might be in trouble.

Good luck !

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands