Status
Not open for further replies.
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok I'll bite, what have you discovered? I still don't get the point of this thread. You're being extremely vague about everything.

PLAY LIKE IT MATTERS ZACH

G

Grantiferus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your referring to hand analysis by using a poker database were way ahead of you on that one;)
I think people are misunderstanding you as your extremly verbose:p
Try downloading the trial for holdem manager.

Hey thanks for the tips, I just read over the entire thread and did not see where I have been excessive in my explainations, although I have been introducing a philosophical point of view which is difficult to do in one liners unless treading a well worn path. Like "Wait and Bait" or "Know when to fold them".

My apologys to you and who ever else finds me a bit wordy but as I have said this is not the same old stuff that many have already tried.

And yes Holdem Manager can be a great tool for proving why you should play a certain style but that is not what I am doing. Funny that you say, "We are way ahead of you on that one." We who? It Sounds competitive.

If I am missunderstood then it is from what others are assuming, that
what I am just discovering they know already. I certainly have not said exactly what it is yet except for it is NEW. There is good reason for my Vaugeness.

Thanks again Deco in your efforts to set me straight.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks for the tips, I just read over the entire thread and did not see where I have been excessive in my explainations, although I have been introducing a philosophical point of view which is difficult to do in one liners unless treading a well worn path. Like "Wait and Bait" or "Know when to fold them".

My apologys to you and who ever else finds me a bit wordy but as I have said this is not the same old stuff that many have already tried.

And yes Holdem Manager can be a great tool for proving why you should play a certain style but that is not what I am doing. Funny that you say, "We are way ahead of you on that one." We who? It Sounds competitive.

If I am missunderstood then it is from what others are assuming, that
what I am just discovering they know already. I certainly have not said exactly what it is yet except for it is NEW. There is good reason for my Vaugeness.

Thanks again Deco in your efforts to set me straight.

Im sorry,but you are annoying,why dont you just say what you are talking about or drop it?

Snow :cool:

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not going to be quite as rude as snowmobiler, but it sounds like you're trying to drum up some interest in an idea that you want to peddle to newbie players who don't yet know anything and are looking for that "edge" or "cheat" that nobody knows about yet.

Why do I say this? You are possibly the most vague person I've ever seen. I can listen to politicans give answers with more clarity than the half dozen or so posts you have made here.

So PLEASE like snow said, either be CLEAR on what you're trying to say or just don't say it anymore.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has got to be the most confusing set of posts I've ever seen O_O

So much extra random thoughts :p I realize it's a style of writing OP but sometimes it helps to be concise, especially if you're trying to communicate to the general public.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could mark the exact time I was winning and when I started losing.

You know, I would get AA and he would have AA, four people would be all in, and he would draw the flush.

I started keeping a new book which is more about noticing when I'm catching cards and what others are catching when I'm in the hand.

I would bet that most of you internet players have stories to tell of how you had days when you could not win more than the blinds with pocket aces and time after time if your Bullets did get called they would outdraw you with no matter what they had in their hand.

But on line, you can play so many hands in an hour that the patterns become obvious.

Play like it matters,
Grantiferus
Looks more to me like a "OMG its rigged" thread once you clean it up a bit, but that is my opinion.

Sorry grant.

G

Grantiferus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So lets talk about someting else then .....

Sorry Guys,
I did say that I was being vague for a reason and perhaps that can be cleared up somewhat now. I was trying to see if I had enough people interested to lay something out that is hard to explain to most people. My answer to that question was a big NO, but I will at least expose to you the jest of it in an attempt to be mannerly in the face of rising hostilities.

For more than eight years I have been trying to nail down a method to predict the most likely moment that I will be in the right place at the right time to play Poker next and thanks to BOOKKEEPING on my Internet poker play I made a breakthrough.

My interest was first triggered back when I played a basket ball game better than I ever thought I could but in the moment I was playing like I thought I always should.
I was making left handed shots with as much ease as my right, and shooting 90% against players twice my skill level. Hooks, jump shots, and a array of graceful layups. Who was that guy? Only me in the ZONE!

It happened in other sports, in performances on stage, and ten years later it happened one day in the Comodity Market as well as a $9000 day in Vegas, It was obvious that some Zones were bigger or more intense in some fashion than other Zones, Not only in how long they lasted but also what area of skill that got inhansed.

Ok,so I'm losing you already and I have not even gotten to Poker yet.
Stick with me a couple of more paragraphs at least so that I can finish my explanation.

I have been working on a mutiplex system that combines several different software programs to pinpoint the best moments for you to play and win, Sometimes more like a Genius and other times just great dumb luck. It also and almost more importantly tells me when NOT TO PLAY.

Twice I have tried two different professional companys who advertised their capabilities to predict my good days and the best minutes to gamble, using Astrology .Which might be one explanation for how some people are having more luck than others. The professionals did not even come close. In fact I lost big at their perscribed times

If you can honestly tell me that you have not had days when you made all the right moves but got all the bad breaks or if you have not had days that the cards did everything you thought they should do, then you have not played enough cards.

Some players have more of those good card days than most of us do. Some players have very short bad runs, while others have way too long of bad runs to continue their gaming career. It appears to me that each of us has something going for us more often, that most of the others don't.

By tracking many hands of poker second by second of and correlating that with many of the other things going on simultaniously at the same time I have found a very promising technique to pick out my best times and worst times to play poker. So far so good.

In about six months if my bank roll does not show a huge gain, and if I don't have any other prominsing additions to my system I am going to scrap this thing as far as poker goes. I just wish I was one of those people who got more good days to play as it is by far one of the most fun ways to spend time.

You can prepare all you want, learn all you need to know, play against a lesser crew and still get your butt kicked by the least likely kid.. Thats fun isn't it?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you've developed a "way" to predict variance cycles? I call BULLSHIT.

Prove your words by predicting your next "Zone Windows" and then posting graphs of actual play before, during, and after said windows.

FWIW I think you're just an idiot who believes in mystical forces that effect your "luck" and that you desperatley crave attention.

Have a nice day.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you've developed a "way" to predict variance cycles? I call BULLSHIT.

Prove your words by predicting your next "Zone Windows" and then posting graphs of actual play before, during, and after said windows.

FWIW I think you're just an idiot who believes in mystical forces that effect your "luck" and that you desperatley crave attention.

Have a nice day.

Let me guess,he wont do it because there isnt enough interest in his thread?

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but you lost me when you said you tried the astrology thing.

Poker might not be your thing; now market trading could actually be somewhere that your thoughts could be useful. There are actually patterns there and if you enjoy searching for patterns its a good way to make tons of money when you're right.

G

Grantiferus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey people, I have not given one rude response to any of your cutting remarks, and taken much time to introduce my topic and find those interested in conversing, yet many of you act like I peed on your cherrios.... ?

If you happen to think you can win poker every time by just skill, then you are asleep at the wheel. If anyone has any better information on what else is effecting the game I am attentive.

It is a dissapointment that any of you degress to insult when you could just click onto a different thread.
You would have seemed smarter if you did although you have already laid your cards on the table so we know what you don't have.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well one thing I don't have is a clue what you're talking about. You can't win poker by just skill? Well you can in the long run.

In the short term... its LUCK. It's IMPOSSIBLE to predict. Skill isn't enough to win every time, but it's all you can control. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to find patterns that don't exist. My final suggestion: cut your losses and work on your game. It's much more productive than trying to keep book on random variance.

James out.

G

Grantiferus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well one thing I don't have is a clue what you're talking about. You can't win poker by just skill? Well you can in the long run.
James out.

James, I said you can't win every time you play by skill alone. Many great players have months of bad beats. I have heard of top players who had almost a year of bad beats. Smart people with superior skill who just had a run of so called bad luck.

It has also been declared that "the world is flat", "you can't fly", and you certainly "can't fly to the moon". All reasonable declerations for their time. Because it had never been witnessed before.

Just do like your Daddy does and you will be more likely to put food on your family's table.

Well if your going to play Poker for even a portion of your livelyhood, then knowing when not to play could make all the difference in the career. You can lose it faster than you can make it.

First and formost, it seems to me, that to keep calling it LUCK is one way to keep it allusive in your mind and more impossibe to predict. As if it is something that happens to you rather than it is something that happens with you. May be on those so called bad luck days there is something that you would be so much better doing rather than playing cards.

Many of the community here have said in one way or another that "They do not have a clue what I'm talking about." Ok, so why throw it in the trash pile, why condem me or dissmiss the possibilitys of something you do not have a clue about? Why insult when you could just click on another thread?

Looks familar! The clan has been doing this to the individual forever. So being respectful of the clan, I'm keeping records over time, and writing a book with my wife who is very level headed, and more practical than me on this systems application.

It is really not a Poker book, but Internet Poker is the best metering tool I have found due to the imediate feed back. Not to mention I love Poker and enjoy studying the game as much as playing. Omaha HLPL is my favorite live game on planet Earth and there is no bad time for me to play it unless of course I need to be making income. Otherwise it is just a beautiful game that is always more fun if your winning.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How lucky we get each session is completely independent of the last session.
Therefore there are no patterns. There are no ways of predicting when or when not to play.
If the was, we would have players with triple figure BB/100 win rates.

You are not pioneering a new science, you are disobeying the laws of statistics and making a fool of yourself in the process.
This subject is not up for discussion, you are wrong.

I hope for your sake you have not really wasted 8months on this.
If every mathematician in the world and myself are wrong then so be it, good luck being a poker millionaire.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First and formost, it seems to me, that to keep calling it LUCK is one way to keep it allusive in your mind and more impossibe to predict. As if it is something that happens to you rather than it is something that happens with you. May be on those so called bad luck days there is something that you would be so much better doing rather than playing cards.

Many of the community here have said in one way or another that "They do not have a clue what I'm talking about." Ok, so why throw it in the trash pile, why condem me or dissmiss the possibilitys of something you do not have a clue about? Why insult when you could just click on another thread?

The reason nobody understood what you were talking about is because you were playing games,making people tell you they were "interested" in what you were talking about even before you had explained what you were talking about.
When you finally decided to say that you were perdicting the future based on past results,even the newbys knew you were full of it.
Instead of trying to figure out things "no one knows" ,you would do better to learn what others have already figured out about the game.
If you insist on thinking,that you can determine if you will make money on random events on a daily basis,based on your past records GL.
With your theory you should be able to look at past lottery #s and perdict the winning #s today!

Last edited:
jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I said I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread. But I'm going to anyway.

I think that right now, nobody's going to win this argument. Grantiferus is confident that he is on to something, and everyone else is confident that he's not. Until there is more information out there, I think it's pointless to keep yelling at each other, because that doesn't help anyone.

So I vote we cut out the sarcastic comments. I also think that unless Grantiferus is ready to post some actual evidence and/or a method that is testable, there isn't anything more to say.

I know I didn't present myself in the nicest way earlier in the thread so I understand why you're upset. I'm sorry that I said it in a mean way, but I do stand by what I said. Unless there is more that you're willing to tell us about this system I think this thread is pointless. Nothing against you, there just isn't anything to say that hasn't been said already.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I said I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread. But I'm going to anyway.

I think that right now, nobody's going to win this argument. Grantiferus is confident that he is on to something, and everyone else is confident that he's not. Until there is more information out there, I think it's pointless to keep yelling at each other, because that doesn't help anyone.

So I vote we cut out the sarcastic comments. I also think that unless Grantiferus is ready to post some actual evidence and/or a method that is testable, there isn't anything more to say.

I know I didn't present myself in the nicest way earlier in the thread so I understand why you're upset. I'm sorry that I said it in a mean way, but I do stand by what I said. Unless there is more that you're willing to tell us about this system I think this thread is pointless. Nothing against you, there just isn't anything to say that hasn't been said already.

It seems to me that if he is going to say that He has found something "new" and he post about it,that he should have to expect people to hold his feet to the fire,and make him justify his theory.
If he cant stand up to the heat or just plane doesn't understand what he is talking about,then I think it is justified to call him out!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cliff notes:

-OP provides vague and overly verbose rantings
-CC members ask him what he's talking about
-OP rants some more
-OP claims there's "more to poker than just skill alone," referencing people who thought the world was flat, and that no man shall ever walk on the moon, dubbing those statements "reasonable declerations [sic] for their time"
-hilarity ensues

anyone feel free to add to these in case i've missed something

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After managing to read the whole thread w/o falling into deep sopor I can tell you that it took me about 1 day of thinking when my "zones" are.

- 8am CET to 11 CET (US late night drunk time 2am-5am)
- Sat / Sun (weekend fishing)
- generally when I'm sober, rested, fed and gf's in bed.

Good luck in your research but I think you're putting way too much analysis into a dead end.

Don't want to harass you but you spent years on this....? :eek:

On a side note:

I was starting to miss GDRilex sometimes lately but it seems we found a good substitute

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand what OP is getting at.

If OP is tracking results in order to predict furure winning / losing streaks based on past results... then the OP is way off the mark.

I think the OP might be trying to look for external factors which influence levels of play. I have heard of stuff like this before.. i.e. stock market traders sometimes look at the weather in different countries when selling stock. Reason, weather effects our mood, so on a nice sunny day people are generaly more optamistic than on a wet dismal day and therefore willing to take a little more of a chance on stock (this dosen't mean they throw all rationalie out of the window.. just that they are a little more optomistic about things)

If this is the kind of thing the OP is talking about then I would have to say that the volume of reserch needed before drawing any conclusions is immense.. there are many many external factors and so you would need literaly hundreds of thousands of hands logged over a long time frame (as the external factors need time to change) before any patterns or trends could be identified.

In short you probably will not gain an advantage proportional to the time and effort spent gathering and analising the infomation.

G

Grantiferus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THE END

Thank you Stu,
I'm just back on line at Cardschat.
You hit the nail on the head, although I am using some tools that allow me to track more than cards at one time, and I have been at this study for years. It was only through on line poker that my studies started to show much clearer graphs that reveal definite predictable patterns.

I have found my own best and worse times for poker and have worked with some other friends and done the same for them. Some people have many more good times for Poker and some people many more bad. Some have more intense times of each and of course, even in the middle of good or bad times you have moments of the opposite. I am still working on it and am not close enough to publish the results.

Not for a moment does this mean you can throw skill out the window. The more skill you have, the more you can take advantage of the situation. At the same time you are having good times someone else at the table might be having better. There is a whole other part to this and that is...... what an individual might better be doing than gambling but that is another part of study.

I was going to reveal more about my tools in this trade but the response has been so hostile and rather un-interested that I think better of it now.

Again, thanks for your interest and your efforts to clear the unrest.
Cheers,
Grant

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the OP has decided not to share the details afterall, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.