Just starting PLO. Fold?

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great this book and study it : Mastering Pot-Limit Omaha " the modern aggressive approach " by Herbert Okolowitz & Wladimir Taschner. I would fold that river even hitting a set to any bet. I would have fired one more bet on the turn to induce a fold.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plo is different from holdem, sometimes you think you are favourite and you're not

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great this book and study it : Mastering Pot-Limit Omaha " the modern aggressive approach " by Herbert Okolowitz & Wladimir Taschner. I would fold that river even hitting a set to any bet. I would have fired one more bet on the turn to induce a fold.

It's on the way thanks to Jeff Bezos.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just learning PLO High. I played this hand zoom. I think my mistake was giving a free card on the turn. Hard to fold Trip Kings..
https://www.boomplayer.com/en/28881812_EF0E0B6BE9

Playing PLO you better get used to fold trips on river :D

Theres a story behind every hand, read the story right and get a happy ending :D
1 he didnt reraise preflop so i rule out the most AAxx hands
2 he only check call the very dry flop, so what do i think he calls with?
a set - a hand like 22xx, 77xx or QQxx might very often check raise me there
top pair, a hand like Qxxx would call alot
3 he check turn as well, that tell me he most likely ave the Qxxx hand, but maybe
he picked up the ace and/or straight and flush draws so check back is fine.
4 he bet near full pot on river, but no bet on turn, so he is not betting a QAxx hand
i would think he had hands like KQJT and fold my trip kings more often than not.
He is firering max into a pot he have been passive in all the way. a pot he didnt invest alot in but now he wants maximum payment - you gotta ask why.
This was a potcontrolled pot, so making a bluff catching call wasnt so bad at all.

Most important, note the guy, how he plays and exploit him later :cool:

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I fold this? Or is it losing money in the long run

https://www.boomplayer.com/28931021_0A887F4C8F

TheJJK2 single suit i would fold preflop as the 2 doesnt do anything good for you
especially since it dosnt even complete a suit for your hand.
JJK9 JJKT JJKQ JJKA would make more sence to play.

Board paired the river, flush came at river, you should consider folding a hand
thats no where near top 10 best showdown hands ;)
(folding those spots are a win in the long run, dont leak money)

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TheJJK2 single suit i would fold preflop as the 2 doesnt do anything good for you
especially since it dosnt even complete a suit for your hand.
JJK9 JJKT JJKQ JJKA would make more sence to play.

Board paired the river, flush came at river, you should consider folding a hand
thats no where near top 10 best showdown hands ;)
(folding those spots are a win in the long run, dont leak money)

It took me a week of paying these off, and never winning, until I started to fold here. hard headed I guess. I agree, looking back, I shouldn't have even been in the hand.

J

joaocm2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha is more exciting to play

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing PLO you better get used to fold trips on river :D

Theres a story behind every hand, read the story right and get a happy ending :D
1 he didnt reraise preflop so i rule out the most AAxx hands
2 he only check call the very dry flop, so what do i think he calls with?
a set - a hand like 22xx, 77xx or QQxx might very often check raise me there
top pair, a hand like Qxxx would call alot
3 he check turn as well, that tell me he most likely ave the Qxxx hand, but maybe
he picked up the ace and/or straight and flush draws so check back is fine.
4 he bet near full pot on river, but no bet on turn, so he is not betting a QAxx hand
i would think he had hands like KQJT and fold my trip kings more often than not.
He is firering max into a pot he have been passive in all the way. a pot he didnt invest alot in but now he wants maximum payment - you gotta ask why.
This was a potcontrolled pot, so making a bluff catching call wasnt so bad at all.

Most important, note the guy, how he plays and exploit him later :cool:

I have to get better about thinking like this.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two mistakes .1. Giving the free card & 2. Calling and paying off the all in. Pretty obvious what he was holding.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed the trend in the low level omaha, and O8 is lots of limping to see flops. Then play from there. Is that an ok strategy moving up also?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo in O8 you can't play without limping. Any position...Not only limp-call, you can have limp-fold, limp-raise. You must have...For example, AAJ9ds. Good hand, but not good enough for pot raise from UTG imo. Limp-raise is better. Very rare you will see 3bet, when you have this hand (you have two Aces).
7432, good hand for limp. Limp-call or limp-fold, depends on the price. On the BU also, why not!? Not with 7432, this is an open raise. If you don't have an Ace, very often the blinds will have.
Depends on the table, but you can limp from UTG let's say bad A3xx, good 32xx, good A4xx (not very good), good A65x (suited). Some "high only" hands (if the players are passive), limp fold or limp-call with good price .

Last edited:
P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo in O8 you can't play without limping. Any position...Not only limp-call, you can have limp-fold, limp-raise. You must have...For example, AAJ9ds. Good hand, but not good enough for pot raise from UTG imo. Limp-raise is better. Very rare you will see 3bet, when you have this hand (you have two Aces).
7432, good hand for limp. Limp-call or limp-fold, depends on the price. On the BU also, why not!? Not with 7432, this is an open raise. If you don't have an Ace, very often the blinds will have.
Depends on the table, but you can limp from UTG let's say bad A3xx, good 32xx, good A4xx (not very good), good A65x (suited). Some "high only" hands (if the players are passive), limp fold or limp-call with good price .

Thanks for that. I felt a little fishy, all the limping.

Folding in Poker