Just found out i was playing wrong game

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am playing on ACR a cash game and apparently they have a game called 6+ holdem which i never knew existed. I called them and they said once i open the table there is apop up telling me about the game and i have to accept it but there was no pop up to accept.
so i get a full house and i loss to a flush
that is BS
is this game common?
https://ibb.co/ihciQq

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not BS. It is the rules of the game. Since the the 2, 3, 4 and 5 cards are removed from the deck, straights and full houses become more common.

The important thing to remember is that a 3-of-a-kind beats a Straight and a Flush beats a Full House.

This is also spelled out for you in the pop up and they have a link to the rules (I think). At any rate, if you don't understand the game don't play it.

ACR's official rules for Six Plus Holdem is at https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/six-plus-holdem-no-limit/ for further information.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would have to wrap my head around that!

It is not BS. It is the rules of the game. Since the the 2, 3, 4 and 5 cards are removed from the deck, straights and full houses become more common.

The important thing to remember is that a 3-of-a-kind beats a Straight and a Flush beats a Full House.

This is also spelled out for you in the pop up and they have a link to the rules (I think). At any rate, if you don't understand the game don't play it.

ACR's official rules for Six Plus Holdem is at https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/six-plus-holdem-no-limit/ for further information.

New to me, I think I would make mistakes for a while.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New to me, I think I would make mistakes for a while.

I did too. Only have played it once, an MTT last week. I was chewed out by a couple of buddies for pushing cards like AK-suited and such. Their main take-away on the game is push hard with any pair, even 2's for some reason. Not sure about that, but that was their reasoning and they both made it to the money.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am playing on ACR a cash game and apparently they have a game called 6+ holdem which i never knew existed. I called them and they said once i open the table there is apop up telling me about the game and i have to accept it but there was no pop up to accept.
so i get a full house and i loss to a flush
that is BS
is this game common?
https://ibb.co/ihciQq

So....I love this game! It is becoming more popular because it generates a lot of good action.

Yes, there was a pop-up for about 2-weeks and now not. I'm grateful because that pop-up was annoying me.

Visually, the table is a significantly different color and also there is a "6+ Holdem Rules" button that you can click to see the "new" rules for this particular game.

Poker is a visual game - I apologize if you have a visual disability and were not able to see those differences but ultimately we are all responsible for the game(s) we choose.

I have heard similar complaints by people in Omaha hi/lo. How come I keep chopping so many pots? lol

Don't let your past experience with 6+ prevent you from playing it. Just read the rules and adapt your game.

Good luck !

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't tried it yet looks interesting.

As for not knowing you signed up for it, I can understand that, done it with other games before just have to pay attention before pulling the trigger on a game. usually it only takes once to learn that lesson.

J

jacksonz89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I done the same

Now you understand it :cool:

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't tried it yet looks interesting.

As for not knowing you signed up for it, I can understand that, done it with other games before just have to pay attention before pulling the trigger on a game. usually it only takes once to learn that lesson.

That falls into the "Once bitten, twice shy" category!! :D

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That is my point. There was NO pop up and I had no idea I was playing a different game. Maybe they should have put this game in a different area so people won’t confuse it with NLHE.
And why the hell do we need to change NLHE? The game is perfect as is

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is my point. There was NO pop up and I had no idea I was playing a different game. Maybe they should have put this game in a different area so people won’t confuse it with NLHE.
And why the hell do we need to change NLHE? The game is perfect as is

Somebody mentioned that they are no longer issuing the warning. So, you have a beef there. The game is clearly marked as a variation of Holdem however. And that is what it is, a variation. Much like Omaha is a variation.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somebody mentioned that they are no longer issuing the warning. So, you have a beef there. The game is clearly marked as a variation of Holdem however. And that is what it is, a variation. Much like Omaha is a variation.
yes no more pop up but still they say i am wrong and they are refunding me 0.54 cents for my troubles.
don't think i am playing here again

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6+ holdem is getting more popular due to triton poker promoting it on YouTube. it has more action than regular holdem and more variance as well. ACR has a different table background for 6+ holdem, so be careful not to get into the wrong game if you are trying to play the regular holdem

Top 10 Games