Just fold more on flop poker secret?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all seriousness, just fold more on the flop. Just give up, dont battle. Hear the words of sun tzu, avoiding battle is victory. Only attack when your opponent is half way across the river. How much would your game change if you folded on the flop? When i play online anymore its usually 1 hand a table per hour if that becomes a big pot, every other hand means just about nothing in terms of Bb. The dumb fish online cant read hands, cant bluff, have 0 creativity at the table, 2J hearts on paired board with 3 hearts is nuts to them. Folding on flop new grand strategy.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably fold 3/4 of the hands I'm dealt. That's no matter whether I'm playing cash or MTTs. I just don't like getting out there with trash and hit a low pair, which might make me at least call a bet on the Turn. GL

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Solid advice. Reminds me of much of the books and videos by Tommy Angelo. Pro player and poker coach who says folding has been the key to his success in the game.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Solid advice. Reminds me of much of the books and videos by Tommy Angelo. Pro player and poker coach who says folding has been the key to his success in the game.

Amazing I fix a leak another pops up.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Op, I disagree. A lot of recreational players overfold on the flop. That's why it's profitable to range bet small on the flop. If anything you should defend more, not fold more.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if this could be a solid advice for cash games, for MTTs - not so much.
If you fold too much you not gonna get busted by other players yes thats true, but you gonna get busted by blinds.
Even if you are a chip leader if you start playing overpassively - half hour and you could be like 10th.
Always look for opportunity to play somthing and win somthing.
Study your opponents. Study what they play and how.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In all seriousness, just fold more on the flop. Just give up, dont battle. Hear the words of sun tzu, avoiding battle is victory. Only attack when your opponent is half way across the river. How much would your game change if you folded on the flop? When i play online anymore its usually 1 hand a table per hour if that becomes a big pot, every other hand means just about nothing in terms of Bb. The dumb fish online cant read hands, cant bluff, have 0 creativity at the table, 2J hearts on paired board with 3 hearts is nuts to them. Folding on flop new grand strategy.

Finally someone is speaking my language :)

Good foresight my friend... only call on the flop when there are many favorable things that can happen like...

a) improving to a better hand
b) opponent checking down and giving cheap river
c) opponent checking back weak hands and 2 barreling strong hands so that we know we can safely go for a river steal on the end

And against most opponents who play well in position... this simply isn't the case... so fold fold away! :p

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally someone is speaking my language :)

Good foresight my friend... only call on the flop when there are many favorable things that can happen like...

a) improving to a better hand
b) opponent checking down and giving cheap river
c) opponent checking back weak hands and 2 barreling strong hands so that we know we can safely go for a river steal on the end

And against most opponents who play well in position... this simply isn't the case... so fold fold away! :p

Thx man means a lot to me 4 u to reply to me, I do your poker coaching hands every night just did the wtf hand were you had KJ os that was epic

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To stay in play in MTT you must win at least 1 hand from 10. Dreams about winning 1 big pot in hour and fold all another hands is not bad, but not real. Try to check you theory in 10 MTT's and tell us results in this thread.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything needs balance. If we fold often then we will be beaten by this every flop.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The idea is really a good idea, but I don't think you should always fold your hand as many times there are very good draws, it also depends on the aggression of the villain on the flop

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you should only give up on the flop, the one who did not select a strong range pre-flop, think about it!

GL :jd4::jd4:

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Op, I disagree. Many recreational players are overfold on the flop. That is why it is profitable to place a small bet on the flop. If you need to defend more, do not bend anymore.

I also disagree. If you want us to fold on the flop, don't play with fear, get rid of fear because to win we have to take a little risk and luck is for those who fight and not for those who give up

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding a lot of flops is a sign you are playing too many hands. Better to fold preflop, especially in early position. Folding more flops, really means continuing with fewer hands. If you playing the majority of your hands in position or with strong hands, there won't be much to fold.

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I understand you meant playing less pre Flop right this is good in low micros tournaments

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding is an art form in poker. We must learn when folding is the best play. Folding early in the hand (pre-flop, flop) will save a ton of chips. Folding late in the hand (turn, river) costs us a ton of chips.

We only have so many chips, and we have to use discernment to decide which hands give us the best chance of success. Folding 2% of our stack 5 times, costs the same as folding 10% of our stack once. Some will call this overfolding. The situation and circumstances of each specific hand will tell us whether we are playing good solid poker or whether we are overfolding.

I have proven to myself, with some creative math, that the BE% and MDF formulas have some flaws that are only exposed when we look at our decision EV from a stack perspective. This isn't about "preserving" our stack, but it is about investing smartly.

Good luck and God bless

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you definitely don't wanna call 100% of your range to a bet on the flop. But you also can't just fold 90% of it. Depending on how big the bet is there's a rough percentage of your range that you should call with, it's called the minimum defense frequency. Also, people do this all the time at microstakes, they just say "of you're just an idiot so I can fold everything cause you never bluff and then when I flop a set I can bet way too big and you're gonna pay me off cause you're just a fish". Even if that were true, which I don't think it is, it's still a bad mentality if your goal is to be getting better at the game and moving up in stakes. If you're playing online competition gets a lot tougher very quickly and you need to be prepared.

Folding in Poker